•twelve

I'M NOT REWRITING THIS BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER IS DECENT ALREADY

--

l curled up on my bed, hearing Dylan's soft voice try and cheer me up.

I heard footsteps run up the stairs, but I was too depressed to pay attention.

A soft voice cleared their throat, making me slowly raise my head.

I saw Thomas.

He looked broken, defeated, and he was on the verge of tears.

Dylan got out of my bed to let Thomas in.

"She's all yours," he whispered, patting Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas walked up to me.

"Please don't cry, love. It hurts me more seeing you cry," Thomas whispered, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

I rested my head on his shoulder, staring at the blank tv in front of us.

"Dad. He's gone," I whispered under my breath, loud enough for him to hear.

Dad always woke up on the click of dawn to buy dozens of donuts. He would walk to the studio to surprise the Maze Runner casts. Thomas was dad's favorite.

I could see Thomas's eyes glimmer from his tears he was trying to hold up.

"Don't worry, love. He'll be fine. You'll be fine. Besides, you have me," Thomas said, smirking slightly. But the smirk wasn't any of his usual smirks. He looked broken.

We both connected eyes, never looking away.

He started leaning in, foreheads touching.

I leaned in myself, feeling his minty breath fan my face.

"Maybelle, may I kiss you?" Thomas asked. I laughed slightly at his manners.

"I would love it if you did," I whispered back.

And with that, our lips connected.

His smooth lips passionately kissed my lips, as if he's been waiting for this kiss.

He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Gladly, I gave it to him.

His tongue explored my mouth.

After a while, I broke the kiss, resting my forehead on his.

"I like you a lot, Maybelle," Thomas said, removing our foreheads, "and I understand if I'm going too fast. Because you know, we just kissed and I don't want you thinking I'm gonna say this because of the kiss. Well it's because of the kiss but-" he was rambling, flustered.

I giggled at him,"Just spit it out, Sangster."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I beamed so widely at him.

"Yes," I whispered.

Then, he cupped my face, caressing my cheeks, wiping away the wet tears that stained my face.

And then we kissed again.

And I forgot about my dad.

(i'm leaving that fucking sentence ^ to piss you guys off)

|-/|-/|-/|-/

I'M SORRY THIS WAS SHORT. I WANNA MAKE THEM LONGER BUT I JUST WANTED TO GET A SMALL CHAPTER OUT! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!