CHAPTER 1: I'M CHERIE CRUZ THE SOCIALLY AWKWARD GIRL IN THE CAMPUS!

"It's hard being alone every time. Especially when you grow old without someone with you. It's even hard to be ignored with people especially the once you want to be friends with.

It's even harder if people won't like you because you're socially awkward and shy. It's kinda sad if you can't express yourself because people already adapted to the usual you since you're shy, it's as if they wouldn't accept the true you. Being SHY is very hard it prevents you from reaching your goals and improving relationships and even prevent you for grabbing opportunities... "

This essay that I, Cherie Cruz wrote gave me chills... Since I myself is a socially awkward person and shy I do not really have many friends in fact I only have one and her name is Miku Fujisaki, my Japanese friend. She's into anime, people like the popular ones never get into anime I don't even know why ...

Miku as an interesting girl even though some people hate her cause she don't care about what people thinks of her. That's why I am grateful having her. Unlike me she's friendly and caring. We only met on my first day in college. Now we're second years, we're still friends that's what I like about her she never leaves me.

"Students, may I hear one of your short essays?". Our prof said. No one volunteered to read his/her essay. "Don't be shy... C'mmon!" He shouted. "Fine professor, I'll read mine !" said Kaylyn, The O' so smart beautiful almost perfect dream girl of every boy in the university. Well I don't really know why she hate me for a reason... When I first met her she, I thought she was sweet and kind since she have a sweet pretty face. "What A beautiful essay, so who's next? Pick the next speaker Kaylyn." Our prof said.

"Hmmm, maybe the shy ones, I think. Cherie!" She chuckled. My heart was throbbing and it pumped real hard! Why me?! "Okay, Thanks Kaylyn. So Cherie may we hear your essay?" ."Uhmm.... Okay... I-It's hard...." and so I finished my essay ... "Very good , Thank you. You may now sit..." I was about to seat when the person beside me grabbed my chair and "Ouch! what did you do that for?" I said he didn't answer.

All of them laughed then our prof stopped the commotion. The bell rang . Class dismissed. " Are you okay back there? don't you know who started it?" Miku asked. "Really? Who started it?" I said furiously. "Well you can't argue with her she has too many allies... It's Kaylyn." She muttered. "Right...never mind. It's even harder if I would put a fight right? " I said with a sigh. It is really hard to be a socially awkward person who doesn't stand out.  

While we're walking I saw my crush Enrique he was normal he was'nt really popular like those jocks who think they rule the world.Though he isn't that popular, many girls like him because of his cute face and because of him being nice. Many said that if someone puts a fight with his loved ones he'll get pretty mad.  

Miku teased me, "Look who's walking!" she said with a high pitched voice.

"Never mind him..." I said calmly. Then we saw Enrique stopped walking and approached us. "Why is he approaching us? Hmmm maybe he was distracted by your beauty!" Miku whispered in to my ear teasingly.

"Hey there!" He waved his hand. "Ugh, H-hey..." I said I also waved my hand then I suddenly notice Ms. O' so perfect behind us. Enrique said "Oh, uhmm Hi?" I blushed. I thought to myself(What the heck did I just do?! He wasn't really waving at me. He was approaching Kaylyn...Wow Cherie what a move!)

"Woah there! It's alright Cherie at least you've got the chance to talk to him." Miku said. "Wow really! I talked to him .... awkwardly." I said enthusiastically with an Irony. It's been a rough day today. I don't like to remember this day again. 

(NOTE: IN THE PHILIPPINES THE AVERAGE AGE FOR A COLLEGE FRESHMAN IS 16-17, SINCE CHERIE IS ALREADY A COLLEGE SOPHOMORE SHE'S 18. HER COLLEGE LIFE IS BASED ON THE COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THE PHILIPPINES. BUT I THINK THAT OUR GOVERNMENT WILL APPROVE THE K-12 CURRICULUM MAYBE THIS YEAR...)