Chapter 2

Kale and I were taken to the Justice Building by Peacekeepers, they tried to put us in seperate rooms but we wouldn't leave each others sides. Our parents and Annie came in first. Our mother was weeping, our father was hugging us, and Annie was only two so she had no idea what was going to happen to us. Our father took something out of his pocket and showed us that they were pins. He said "These pins were made for you two we made them in case any of you were chosen for the Hunger Games. We didn't think this would happen." Then Peacekeepers came and took them away.

The next people to come in were Raine and her mother. Raine's mother looked sad but it was nothing compared to Raine. She was crying so much she wouldn't stop to let me talk to her until I finished hugging her. I said "Raine I'm going to be okay don't worry." Then after another hug peacekeepers came and took them. By then our time to say goodbye was up.

We walked down to the train and I tried to ignore the lights from cameras flashing, and the reporters asking questions. I got on the train and our mentors greeted us. They introduced themselves as Emberly and Rem. Emberly was my mentor and Kale had Rem. Then Gliff came in and took us to our rooms. I'd say my room was just as big as our house. Gliff said we could change into whatever we wanted. I chose a pair of paints and a light blue shirt. I wandered around untill I got to Kale's room I knocked and when he got to the door I hugged him. By the time we pulled ourselves together I asked him "What do you think of this?" He said "If the Capitol has all of this why don't they share it with the other districts?" And I say "Because the Capitol is a bunch of people who think that children killing other children is good entertainment and then making the child's family watching it is sickening." Then Gliff calls us for dinner. We get up and follow him to the dining room. Kale gasps when he sees all the food there was so much to choose from! When we finish eating GLiff takes us into a different room and we watch the reapings. The people from District 1 look like everyone else from District 1. The District 2 tributes were big and they were both 17. From District 3 there was a little 12 year old boy and a 15 year old girl. Then I saw us and Gliff asking if we were cousins. It went on and the only thing that I saw were the tributes from District 12. I heard the boy was a grandson of Katniss and Peeta Mellark who won the 74th and 75th Hunger Games. The girl was a little 12 year old who looked just like Katniss' little sister who died during the second rebellion. Then Gliff turned off the television and told us we should get to sleep.