Chapter 5- Don't go

A portal... but, Ty still didn't understand the point of it being in this useless thicket. Why would someone put it here? Is there something he should be careful of?

Shrugging all the feelings off and still following the force, he pressed onward. Now that he was a few feet away, purple particles had begun to come out of it, swirling and dancing around him.

What type of portal is this? Certainly not the Nether Portal, that's in- well- the Nether... Tilting his head, the brunette studied it closely while admiring it's sleek frame.

Touch it.

Ty lifted his head up both in horror and shock. Who had said that?...

Touch it, now.

Suddenly, a very strong urge forced it's way into his head, taking control.

"S-stop it!" He cried, fighting desperately against this... thing.

TOUCH. IT.

The words had gotten deeper and more threatening. Ty's body shivered violently as he approached the portal, reaching out a hand toward the frame of it.

It was incredibly warm surprisingly and the portal seemed to envelop him in a warmth he couldn't stand- or get rid of.

Ty fell to the ground and shrieked as stippling pain sliced through his body rather quickly, causing a ripple of sound to travel throughout the entire forest. He clutched his head tightly and began to sob the more the pain worsened- which seemed to be every passing second.

Something had gotten into his body. Something had begun to tear away at his soul. Something was trying to erase his memories.

•~•~•

That soundwave had certainly traveled far. Adam was tending to a little girl who had mistakenly fell into the nearby pond while fetching water. Even then, he had clearly heard the scream- as well as everyone else, which immediately caused sudden panic.

"Everyone, stay calm! I'll take a few of you as backup when I go see who that cane from! The rest, stay here!" Trying his best not to panic himself, Sky slipped on some armor and grabbed a sword while ordering Team Crafted to appear in front of him for help.

A thought had just come to him. Here his generals were, yet one was missing. Who?

Adam's eyes widened as it suddenly came to him.

Ty.

"Where's Deadlox?!" He demanded, looking at each of them desperately.

"He was in the forest when I found him..." Jerome spoke up, shuffling his feet guiltily.

"You left him?!"

"I-I..." The Bacca couldn't place words, it was his fault for Ty most likely in trouble.

"Save it, we've got to go find him," Adam's words sliced into Jerome's.

They all nodded in agreement and followed Jerome toward the woods.

•~•~•

"You're sure this is where you saw him last?"

"Positive."

The group was in the same clearing Jerome and Ty were just at, except without the Dead Army Leader.

"Spread out, we can cover more ground," Sky's voice shook, already spanning out in a direction.

All nodded and went their separate ways.