Chapter 34

"How the fuck do you lose an all-powerful Sorcerer in a fucking gOLDEN caSTLE??" Jason roared at everyone, having already been upset and depressed from the death of Sky. He was at his mental limit.

"Jason, it wasn't our fault! He just... ran off!" Jerome snapped back.

"Yeah!" Mitch growled/chimed in, spinning his diamond axe around in displeasure.

The spaceman angrily held onto his own hair and tried to not pull it out. "Just... gah..." He sighed.

Jerome patted Jason's back lightly, trying to calm him down. "It's okay buddy... hush... Everyone is upset about what happened but we can't mope around... Sky wouldn't have wanted that..."

Jason buried his face into Jerome's soft fur, sighing at the warmth of it. "I'm glad to have you both as friends..." He hugged Mitch along with the Bacca tightly.

Mitch rubbed his back while the Bacca hugged them both tight. "We will get over this soon enough guys..."

•~•~•

While Enderlox was flying, his nose was filled with the scent of people from nearby. He was puzzled, since he could have sworn he flew several hundred or even thousand miles away from civilization, yet here was the gleaming golden city right in his very eyes. The dragon part of him took control of Ty's body before he could even think of what to do, now swooping down to hide among trees. "I need to kill..." He said in a dark tone and narrowed his heat vision eyes to seek out anything. His perception landed on one certain Minecrafter, who was just doing his daily chores by polishing the wall on the inside. Enderlox licked his lips and pounced on him, earning a surprised yelp.

"How's the water now, Mudkip?~" He purred deeply, ripping out Quentin's shoulder blade before he could comprehend anything. Husky screamed out and alerted the Team inside of what possibly happened.

Enderlox slashed his claws at Quentin's face, slicing off an eye and his throat being now torn open. "Die." He hissed threateningly, licking the blood off of Husky's face before flying straight up and rocketing away.

The Team came barreling outside, Mitch immediately throwing up at the sight.

"H-holy f-uck..." Jerome whimpered, kneeling beside Quentin and holding his hand.

Blood was bubbling out of his throat so Quentin couldn't even talk, just squeeze Jerome's hand weakly as his life force faded. "Hnngn..."

Jason couldn't take the sight of his best friend dying before him again so he dove inside in a fit of tears, Mitch chasing after him once he'd vomited.

The Bacca remained right there with Husky, holding his hand until Quentin took his final breath... and went limp. His eyes were wide open in terror and seemed very glassy, one single tear sliding down his smooth skin.

Jerome sniffled, forcing himself to smile and hugged him one last time, not caring if there was blood on his no longer clean suit. "I'm gonna m-miss ya buddy..." He stood up and wiped his nose. "See you... s-someday..." Jerome turned, starting to walk inside with a cast down presentment. He hated how much death was happening but there wasn't anything he could do about it.