2nd Moon

*Photo above: Rose as a baby*

Roderick's Point of View

Wait?.....this.....this can't be right.

As I cut the umbilical cord I noticed their was no tiny piece of manhood or the puny sack of berries that came with a baby boy....

"I...Luna....I....I don't understand?" I stammered trying to make sense of what I was looking at, it's supposed to be a boy maybe fraternal twins? But even so the baby that came out first is supposed to be the alpha.

"Rosalinda...do you feel the need to still push? Do you still feel as if your still in labor Luna?" I asked hoping she said yes and I hadn't been wrong about the whole pregnancy

"What.." She huffed "...of course I......I don't...I don't need to push anymore the pain is gone...but...what about my other baby you said I was definitely carrying twins" she looked at me with sweat on her brow tear stains still on her face from when she cried for my brother earlier.

"Rosa....I swear I know what I saw there were two, I promise you!" I yelled out as I examined the baby now sure there were no other children to be pushed out.
"If you were sure why do I only have one son!"
"I....I...don't understand"

None of my schooling prepared me for something like this werewolf pregnancies are different but never like this, it doesn't make sense. She was supposed to have twins I checked that ultra sound myself...well sure that was back when she was two months along but things don't change like this....she was supposed to have two babies and boys none the less I know I never checked but there was no need, it's known the first child alphas have are supposed to be boys..........

Then it hit me the Luna was, and still is alpha of her old pack, sure she married my brother and they merged to make one large pack. That's probably why the circumstances probably changed, why our future alpha, my niece...was a girl.

An amazingly beautiful one at that. She looked at me with a pair of beautiful resplendent silver eyes, and her skin a nice coffee and cream color. She looked like both her parents, and myself if I may be so crazy as to take some credit since my brother, and I are identical twins

Her eyes looked just like her mother's, her hair wasn't as curly as her father, or mine it was more straightened out. I guess she's going to take after her mother more than my brother.....when she gets older Ryan and I are going to have to go gun shopping with some of the hunters to get ready for some of the guys that are going to attempt to date her. But Ryan and I have news for them, it's not gunna happen.

".....derick? What's wrong with him?"
Rosa brought me back to the situation at hand.
"Nothing Luna, Nothing."

I thought back to why she wouldn't have a twin...and then I remember when I was in my residency it had happened to a human couple they were supposed to have twins but apparently the baby they had, had eaten their twin.

Apparently it happens in most pregnancies but earlier on before the second twin is even known about I guess now I know it can happen to werewolves as well.

As I looked at her beautiful eyes I realized they had changed color they were now a wonderfully auriferous gold. Similar to mine and Ryan's. I don't know how that happened but maybe that's related to her gift some how since she is a girl having power isn't in her future, and let's get real there's no way her power will match that of a male alpha.......

Don't say that.................

What the hell?! What was that and why was it in my head?

*Please vote and comment on my other chappies :3*