Chapter 6: remincing.

Alexis POV:
I go back to my hotel room and turn my laptop on, I look at my home screen and feel a painful twinge in my chest, i touch the computer screen and tears begin to roll down, the funny thing is.. It's not Matty in the picture and lately he's been the only one who's made me cry.

"Lex sweetie, wake up it's time for your audition" I hear Paula say as she lightly shakes me.
"Oh I must have fallen asleep" I say looking at my laptop the screen still open showing the heartbreaking picture. I quickly get up and start getting dressed and ready for the audition, I put on my black leotard and see through black footless tights, I turn my hair up in a high ponytail and start to apply my make up. As always I did my foundation pale and my features dark, I wore black lipstick and black eyeliner with white eyeliner and white and silver eyeshadow. I take one last look in the full length mirror in my hotel room and put on the final touch my lucky charm, Abbs necklace- I never perform without it.

"Ready" I say and turn to Paula.
We being walking down to the stage that the hotel also has, I'm standing backstage, it's a fairly small hall with standing space and stools and a small stage.
"Wow lex you look different" Dean says hugging me tightly, I smile weakly at him as he notices the puffy bags under my eyes that my make up couldn't hide and the necklace round my neck he hugs me again even tighter.
"Do Abb proud" he whispers into my ear causing me to shiver at the sound of someone else saying her name. I walk out on stage seeing my chair already set up.

"Hello again Alexis" Joe speaks up.
"Hiya"
"I'm sure you've met the boys by now" he laughs as they smile and wave at me.
"So what song have you chosen?" Joe asks as he scribbles something down on a clipboard.
"I wanna be adored by the Stone Roses" I say
"Lovee that song!" Brad shouts winking at me.
As soon as the music comes on I already feel the rush, I don't start till the guitar kicks in and when it does oh god! I feel free again! Like I own this stage as I'm making my way around the chair and around the stage in such a elegant manner I look down and see Brad lip singing along not taking his eyes off me and for some reason I can't take my eyes off him the way his curls fall ontop of his forehead the way his lips move. Shit I can't be thinking of this right now. I need to think of the steps! Right lex! You go this!

*deep breath in, deep breath out*

I finish and the boys stand up and clap and even Joe does! I've missed this, a standing ovation! I've missed performing!

Brads POV :
As Alexis finishes my heart skips a beat, everything about her is so extraordinary! The way she moves, the she looks at me, the way she moves her lips slightly when she concentrates! She's incredible.

"She's the one" I hear joe say under his breath, yes! I wanted Alexis to get the role so I could work my charm abit more I nearly had her at the skate park but she ran off, but she won't be able to resist the Brad charm after a while.

Alexis POV:

"Well Alexis.. Welcome to the vamps crew!" Joe stands up onto the stage and announces, hugging me tightly.
"omg thank you so much Joe I promise I won't let you down!" I say hugging him back. As I let go of Joe I'm instantly swung up in the air again by Dean screaming and chanting my name.
"I can't wait to start filming your beautiful face again my lexis" he says placing a kiss on my hand I giggle and pull him into another hug.
"Well looks like I've got a new skate park friend" Connor speaks up
"Me too" Brad joins in winking at me.
"Well you know what I look forward to working with you guys! Now who's celebrating with me?!" I shout.

An hour later and I'm back in my hotel room me dean and the vamps boys all decided to go out to celebrate welcoming me to The Vamps crew! I'm in my hotel room just got out the shower I put my phone on the speaker and play my music. When suddenly I hear a familiar laugh.. This isn't a song. It's her, it's Abbie I could tell by her loud, unique laugh that this was the video will filmed a billion year ago pissed out our heads lost in the middle of Brighton- i quickly grab my phone, unlocking it and watching the video.

*Video Starts playing*
"Hello Lexs phone! I'm Abbie like you don't already know but for everyone on her phone who didn't know.. I'm her best friend, lesbian lover, mother, sister, hater and everything else you think of! I just wanted to give myself a quick shout out!"

*Video ends*

I replay the video over and over again feeling the pain in my chest well up until it explodes from my eyes. I fall to the floor beside my bed crying and screaming holding my phone tightly to my chest. I don't usually get like this about Abbie all the time, I guess it's been a while since I've been able to call her and tell her gossip and listen to her terrible advice. The sobs start to come to and end when suddenly the door opens revealing a very attractive looking Brad.

"Lexis? What's wrong? Are you okay?" A panicked Brad asks as he lifts me up bridal style. Still not answering his questions.. The pains took over so much I can't speak.

"Alexis! What's happened Brad?" Dean comes in even more panicked pushing Brad out the way as if it's his fault .
"I don't know! I just came in and she was crying on the floor she won't answer me!" Brad shouted running his hands through his hair. dean takes my phone off me and watches the video and so does Brad.. A single tear falls from deans eye as Brad is left standing confused.

"Alexis baby" Dean whispers into my ear.
"You punish yourself by watching this" Dean continues.
"I didn't mean to watch it" the first thing that came out of mouth.
"I miss her, I miss not being able to tell her everything, she would have been so proud of me" I start to cry again.

Brads POV:
After finding Alexis like that we decided to go out and celebrate another night, Alexis needed some rest. I was confused as to why she was so upset, I saw the video she was crying too it was a very attractive young girl with dark brown hair and big brown eyes laughing into the camera.

"Dean what was up with that?" - "I mean I've never seen someone cry like that before"
"Because you've never seen someone hurt like Alexis before" deans said while packing up his camera equipment.
"Alexis is like a soft flower petal, beautiful, soft, smells great but also very vulnerable. I guess she's been through a lot horrors in her life, especially that asshole Matty, that kid never helped her at all!" Dean spits out.
"Matty Healy, what's this gotta do with him?" I ask confused.
"Never mind Brad, best not to get involved" Dean says then walks off to his hotel room.

Looks like I've got some shit to find out, I hate secrets in the band and now Alexis was a member of the crew, I needed to find out more about her.