Chapter 22: Flashbacks&Surprises

Alexis POV:
We all get back to mine and the first thing I do is run upstairs and start getting ready for mine and Brads 'date'. I think it's cute how his making a effort to take me on a date, me and Matty never went on dates.. Well unless you call getting drunk together on a tour bus a date. I open up my suitcase as I still haven't unpacked since being here, when I freeze.. Where is Brad even taking me?! I need a dress code. I take out my phone and text him.

Text Message to Brad Simpson:

Get your bum up here Simpson!!!

5 minuets later I hear a knock on my door.
"Lexis you alright?" He said sounding worried.
"No I'm not" I said looking at him fed up.
"What's wrong love" he said and my heart melts as the word 'love' rolls off his tongue.
"I don't know what to wear!" I laugh.
"Where are you taking me?" I ask him.
"Oh.. Erm, it's a surprise, But! You should dress comfortable but nice" he said and walking out my room, well that helps!

I rummage through all my clothes when I find my white shirt/ blouse and a navy skater skirt with lace trim stockings and black heeled ankle boots, I lightly curled he end of my hair and sat at my dresser doing my make up. I thought back to my the last time I went on a date, I was thirteen sitting in this exact room with Abb.

*FLASHBACK*

"Omg omg omg Abb what am I gonna wear!? Josh is proper cute I can't wear vans!" I said throwing the black and white vans back in my wardrobe.
"Woah! Calm down! It's only a date Lex" Abb said laying on my bed reading a magazine.
"Sorry we can't all already be with the love of our life's" I said sitting down on the floor admitting defeat.
"Look, how about.. Err this! With erm... Oooo! How about this as well!" Abb said holding a simple white skater dress with a cropped denim jacket and white high top converse.
"And I'll even curl your hair!" She said getting my curling wand out the box.
"Ahh! Abbie where would I be without you seriously!" I said wrapping my arms around her.
"Well you'd probably be rocking up to this date naked , it's fine you can thank me on your wedding day" she said plugging the curly wand in.
" do you ever think about your wedding ?" I ask her as I sit down waiting for her to curl my hair.
"Yeah I want a big white dress with pink flowers in my hair and I want Stevie in a black suit with a pink flower and I want you standing right next to me in the prettiest pink dress" she said smiling at me.
"No that's too much pink Abb!" We laugh together.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

Alexis POV:

I shake the thought out my head and grab my leather jacket and head down stairs, where everyone is sat in the living room staring at me.
"Where you off too love" my mum said to me.
"Erm" I pause knowing me and Brad agreed to keep this a secret.
"Oh your ready! Where off too the studio to write and stuff, seeing as lex co writes with palo nutini I thought she could help us" he said winking at me.
"Okay, be careful guys" James shouts.

"Thanks" I said getting into brads car.
"For saving you? No problem" he giggled.
"By the way" he said before smashing his lips into mine.
"What was that for?" I ask his face still inches from mine.
"You look beautiful tonight" he said not moving an inch from my face. I smile at him and he smirks at me and starts the car.
"So where are we going?" I ask.
"The beach"
"Erm Brad I hate to be a downer but where in Essex.. There's no beach here" I laughed.
"I know, I googled the nearest one and it's quite a drive away but we can entertain our selfs" he winked at me.

Me and Brad have been driving for an hour now and I think where lost but him being a boy he has too much pride to tell me.

"Brad?" I said.
"Yes gorgeous" he said trying to act smooth.
"Do you know where your going? Honestly?" I ask.
"Honestly? No I went blank like 20 minuets ago" he said biting his lips in frustration.
"Well let's pull over a second and I'll google where we are, I need a light I can't see the signs" as I turned the torch on my phone on it started raining, so Brad ran back into his car and shouted for me to join him but I've always loved the rain.

"Ahhhh!" I screamed spinning around as the rain attacked me but I didn't mind.
"Your nuts! Your gonna catch a cold!" He rolled down the window and shouted at me.
"No i won't and you wanna know why Bradley" I said Leaning on the car window.
"Because someone people feel the rain and others just get wet" I said.
"And I feel the rain and you just get wet!" I shouted dancing around in the rain.
"Yeah, we'll have bout this" he said jumping out his car ripping his leather jacket off and running up me throwing me over his shoulder causing me to scream and kick my legs.

"Your so unpredictable" he said pulling me closer to him so out wet clothed bodies were touching.
"I'm pretty cold now" I said.
"Yeah you can see your black Bra through that shirt now" he said smirking at my breast.

We got back in the car and Brad put the heating on to warm us up.
"So we was gonna go to the beach and do what?" I said raising an eyebrow.
"Well, we were gonna have a Picnic" he said reaching over the backseat to pull out a basket and a these bags full of food and drink.
"On this lovely blanket" he said pulling over a giant navy blanket and wrapping it round both of us as we say facing each other on either sides of the car.
"And maybe listen to some music?" He said shrugging letting over his acoustic guitar.
"You know what that sounds like a pretty cool date, I'm so romantic" he laughs at himself.
"This is a lot better then sitting on a beach" I said smiling at him.
"I wanted to show you something I've been working on.. Tell me what you think and please be as honest as ever" he said being serious.

"I was always in front of you.              So Wake up, your sleeping heart
I know sometimes we'll be afraid
But no more playing safe, my dear
I'm here! So wake up!"

"Wow! Brad your a brilliant writer" I said in shock at his beautiful voice and stunning words.
"Really, I've been working on it ever since I met you" he smiled putting his guitar away.
"Me? Really? ... Is that your way of saying the songs about me" I said acting like I was blushing.
"Well if the shoe fits" he said pretending to be sassy and flicking his hair, causing us both to laugh.
"You know what even though I'm sitting in a car in the middle of no where, at night, in the rain, soaked, this is still the best date I've ever been on" I smile at him.
"Even better then your on when you was 13" he asked raising an eyebrow.
"Hmmm" I said pretending to think.
Brad gasped and started laughing as he thought I was being serious.
"I'm joking brummy" I said hitting him playfully.