Chapter 4: dont blow it.

Alexis POV:
After we at our hotel, the first thing Paula tells me to do is rehearse, my audition is later tonight and I have to be ready, so I head down to the dance studio in the hotel, it's huge, gorgeous wooden floor, massive walls covering the whole of one wall and millions of pictures of all the performers who stayed at the hotel.

I put on my audition track on which was The Stone Roses - I wanna Be Adored. After warming up to the intro of I wanna be adored because it's super long I begin my dance piece, I thought I should use this song because Paula said the character has to be an object of the boys deserves and this song has a lot of sweet guitar and drum solos that I can show that through, I use a chair as my prop so that my interviewer can imagine it as the boys on the day. I've missed dancing so much, the way it makes me feel is so indescribable!

*cough cough*
I jump back and look into the mirror to see a very good looking boy with a dirty blonde quiff and a jet black nose ring that catches my eye standing at the door.

"Can I help you?" I ask turning off the music to hear his thick Scottish accent.
"You don't remember me?" He laughs, I give him a confused look.
"I'm Connor, we met that night you drunkly barged into my hotel room" he laughs again, shit I remember, the night Dean saved me.
"Oh shit, I'm sorry about that- Alcohol doesn't agree with me every well"
"Why'd you drink it then?" He asks and shocks me.
I stare at him blankly, wondering what to say, when he changes the topic.
"So your Deans friend Alexis right?" He puts his hand out for me to shake.
"Yeah it's nice to meet you" I smile and shake his hand.
"So was that for the audition later?" He asks wondering into the hall.
"Erm yeah, what'd you think" I said putting the chair back where it should be.
"It's really good, yeah" he said sounding not too sure.
"Well that was convincing" I laughed.
"No it's just I've never seen someone dance like that to that song and it looked so right, like it was meant for the song"
"Well thank you" I laugh again.
"I've gotta go have a cigarette quickly before this interview and audition, but it was very nice to meet you" I said smiling at Connor putting my gym bag over my shoulder.
"Yeah you too, see you later" he shouts back.

I'm standing outside the hotel having a quick fag, The Vamps fans are going crazy outside shouting their songs, screaming, crying- crazy! I flick my fag on the floor and walk inside the hotel to Paula Call my name.
"Where have you been?!" She fusses
I don't say anything, just shake my fag box at her, she rolls her eyes.
"Your interview starts in 2 minuets hurry up!"
"Do I have time to get changed?" I asked looking down at my light denim mom jean shorts with a black belt and a washed out leopard print crop top with a grey and white oversized check shirt and low top black and white converse.
"I laid out a lovely black sophisticated dress for you to wear for the interview, ahh this will have to do" Paula huffs and puffs.

We arrive at a door that says "meeting room" on it, Paula knocks and Dean sneaks outside snaking his arms around me pulling me in for a hug. God I've missed dean!
"Hello trouble! What happened to calling me once you were back in Camden I would have came home and joined the party" he laughs
"Dean thank you so much for all of this, i owe you! Big time!" I say squeezing him. 
"It's fine , it's fine! Just don't blow it Lex!" Dean says,
I take a deep breath and walk inside to a brightly lit meeting room with a long table and many chairs and a TV on the wall. There's four men sitting at the table already.
"Hello, you must be Alexis Taylor, Deans told us a lot about you already.. My names Joe I'm the bands manger" he smiles and holds out his hand for me to shake.
"Hello it's nice to meet you, please call me Lex or Lexis or some people call me 'L' sometimes" I say shaking his hand, when he curly haired boy next to Joe laughs and speaks up.

"I'm Bradley I'm the lead singer this is James the lead guitarist- there's no need to be nervous" he smirks at me.
"Who said I was nervous?" I ask bluntly.
"Ahaha well let's begin then shall we" Paula says trying to stop me.
"So Alexis how did you meet Dean?" James asks me.
"Omg that was a CRAZY night, it was at a Fleetwood Mac concert, I was about 17 at the time Dean was 18 and I was in the middle of the mosh pit and as I stepped out for a second I felt this huge flash of light hit my face and it was dean he said I was beautifully photogenic and I thought he was just hitting on me! But after that we just turned out to be best friends!" I say laughing to Dean.

Brads POV:
I couldn't stop staring at Alexis, there was something about her that me feel so comfortable that it was completely uncomfortable. I watched her the whole interview every laugh, every smile and every time she caught me, she was beautiful.

"So I can tell you've worked with a lot people, can you describe what you roles were when you where working with these different people" Joe ask.

"Well when I worked with The Vaccines it was only for a short time about 9 months I believe, but I was the main girl in 'Post Break Up Sex' video and 'Family Friend' they were cool guys and I still stay in contact with them now. I also worked with Arctic Monkeys which was a huge privilege as their amazing idols of mine, I played the girl in the red coat in their updates version of 'Stuck On A Puzzle' music video from Submarine that was for 6 months. I also worked with Paolo Nutini which was awesome!" I stop as I'm cut off by Brad.

"No way! Paolo is the man! What video are you in?" He asks.
"I'm not in any, erm I was meant to be in New shoes but Paolo found my song book and asked me change my role and help him write some songs, so I spent 10 months writing and mixing with Paolo" I say.

"So your song writer as well?!" Joe asks.
"What songs did you help him write?" Brads asks shocked.

"Yes but I prefer performing instead of writing and I helped him with Last Request and Iron Sky"

The interviews been going on for an hour now they won't stop asking me questions and Paula's helping me answer them so I don't fuck up.. All of sudden I hear this noise.. Drums? It sounds epic.

"Erm may I use the rest room please?" I ask ever so politely as I notice they start asking about The 1975.

"Yeah sure it's to the right and-" I cut joe off.
"Yeah room with a toilet" I say rushing out the door.

I follow the noise and end up in a music room with a set of drums and very handsome blonde boy playing them.

"Oh Hi I'm sorry I didn't see you there!" He jumps.
"Sorry I just had to follow that noise, it was epic man!" I say joining him on his podium.
"Thanks I'm Tristan, the drummer" he wink twisting his drum sticks.
"I'm Alexis, I'm here for the interview" I say staring at his drum set.
"Ah! Deans friend!" He laughs!
"So where did you learn to play" I ask making conversation with the hot boy

"I've got ADHD so when I was younger my parents got my a drum set to channel my energy into and I guess it just turned into my passion"

"That's awesome , my little brother Mason has ADHD and he loves art I guess that's his way of channeling it" I shrug.

"You should bring him here one day and I'll give him lesson I bet he'll love it!"

"Yeah defiantly" I smile at him.

*cough cough*

I turn around to see Brad? Standing there with a smirk.
"Did you get lost in your way to the toilet?" He asks.
"Yeah that's why I actually stopped and asked the lovely Tristan here where it is" I look at Tristan for help.
"To left and straight down" he smirks at me.
"Thanks babe" I lean forward and kiss Tristans cheek.

I start walking to the toilet when I notice Brad is following me.. I get to the toilet and Brad stands outside.
"Do you wanna watch me pee or something?" I laugh
"No just making sure you don't get lost again" he laughs.

While I'm in the toilet I hear Brad say something...
"So you never told us you worked with The 1975" he asks
"Er yeah I was in a thew music videos and went on tour with them for a year" I say really quickly.
"That's awesome, you know I'm pretty good pals with Matty and this is the first time I've really met you, it's odd" he says as I walk out.
"Not really we worked together, I wouldn't of met all of his friends if we just work together" I didn't wanna tell Brad or the guys about my relationship with Matty or how it ended, they clearly didn't see the newspapers slating me so I didn't wanna ruin it.