A Different Ending

*Erik's POV*
I never imagined this would happen. I'm standing on the dock with Meg at the edge with a gun pointed to her head. "Meg, please give me the gun," I say as I take cautious step towards her.

"Why should I," she screams back. "You won't miss me anyway!" Her grip tightens around the gun.

"Meg, forgive me for not appreciating you," I say, taking a half step.  "Give me an opportunity to see you for who you are."

"That's what I've wanted all along," Meg says in a barely audible voice.

"You feel used and broken, but I can see the beauty underneath," I say as I taking another step.

"Yes," I hear her say. I notice her grip on the gun loosen and the gun slowly move away from her head.

"Diamonds never sparkle bright, if they aren't set just right," I say as I watch Meg lover the gun even more. "Beauty sometimes goes unseen. Give me the chance to see it." I see the gun next to Meg's neck and I cautiously grab it.

Once the gun is out of her hand, Meg falls to the ground and starts sobbing. Madame Giry and Christine rush by me and surround Meg.

*Christine's POV*
I see Meg fall to her knees and I run to her. I wrap my arms around her and she returns the hug. "I'm so sorry," she sobs into my shoulder.

"It's okay," I say. "I'm glad you didn't do anything." I see Madame Giry sitting behind Meg with a few tears going down her cheeks. I release Meg from the hug. "I'm going to talk to Erik," I say. Meg nods her head, still crying. I stand and see Madame Giry hug her. I smile before walking over to Erik, who is standing next to Gustave.

I smile seeing the two of them talking; I need to tell Gustave that Erik is his real father. I decide to tell him as I walk next to Erik. Once next to Erik, he looks over at me and pulls me into a hug. I hug back and whisper,"I'm glad nothing happened."

"Me too," he whispers back, still hugging him.

"Mother, should I go find father," I hear Gustave ask. Me and Erik pull away and I look at him.

"We need to tell him," I say.

"Tell me what," Gustave says, confused.

Erik freezes. "We can't," he says.

"Erik, we're going to be a real family," I say. "We need to tell him."

"Mother, what do you mean," Gustave asks, sounding a little scared.

Erik takes a deep breath. "You're right," he says. "Tell him."

I smile and take Erik's hand before looking at Gustave. "Gustave, your father is right here," I say as I gently squeeze Erik's hand.

*Gustave's POV*

Mr. Y is my father?! "Really," I ask with unbelief.

Mother smiles at me. "Yes, Gustave, he is," she says before smiling up at him.

"Why didn't you tell me," I ask.

"I wanted to," Mother says. "I just didn't know how to tell you."

I look over at Mr. Y, I mean Father, and smile. "Father," I say, trying the name out.

I see Father smile. I then run over to him and hug him. Father returns the hug, holding me close. I feel another pair of arms wrap around me. I look up and see that it's Mother.

*Erik's POV*

A few days ago, if anyone told me that Christine and my son would be hugging me right now, I would have either laughed at them or Punjabbed them, depending on my mood. Just when I was about to give up on ever seeing Christine again, she comes to Coney Island because of Mr. Hammerstein.

I close my eyes in complete happiness as I hug Christine and my son. Eventually, we all pull away, but I look at Christine after. She looks back and smiles. I decided now is as good as ever to ask her, so I take a deep breath before starting.

"Christine," I say. "I love you more than anything. The first time I did this, I didn't give you a choice. I want to do it right this time." I get down on one knee. I see Christine's tear up as she puts her hands over her mouth. "Christine, will you marry me?"

Christine nods her head as a tear slides down her cheek. "Yes," she says.

I smile and stand. I then take her hands and look into her eyes, which she returns. "I love you, my angel of music," Christine says.

"I love you too, my Christine," I say. We both then lean in and our lips meet. I feel the same fireworks that go off every time me and Christine kiss. I always dreamed that a day like this would come; I never imagined that it would one day come true.

"Ewwww," I hear Gustave say. I feel Christine smile against my lips and we both pull away.

I smile and wrap my arm around Christine's shoulders. "Come on," I say. "Let's go home." We begin to walk and I hold my hand out for Gustave to take, which he takes. We all then leave the docks to begin our new life together as a family.
----------------------------------------------
I'm sooo sorry that it took me forever to update. I have had a lot of stress from school and I couldn't find time to update. I'll update as often as I can though. And thank you all so much for still reading this; it means alot.