Mirkwood.

I wanted to go around Mirkwood, but the others said we should go around. Thorin was determined to wait for Gandalf, but I figured we should just go and meet him on the other side. The Dwarves began arguing amongst themselves, until finally Fili spoke up.

"Uncle, you know we all follow you. Tell us where to go. You lead, and we'll follow." Kili nodded agreement, as did I. Slowly, all the other Dwarves reluctantly agreed as well.

It was decided. We were going through Mirkwood. I was very nervous, having heard many dangerous tales of this place. Not only did Wood Elves hunt here, but it was also infested with many creatures that needed blood to survive. And I wasn't looking forward to being a meal and having my bones slowly digested by some hideous monster that lived here.

Thorin noticed my discomfort and walked over. "Bilbo, is everything all right?" he asked.

I nodded, trying to appear brave. "Yes, I'm just a little nervous about Mirkwood," I answered. "Back home, I read many stories about this place..."

"Do you want to go around, instead?"

"No, no. That will take three days. I'll muster up my courage. We can go through these woods."

Thorin nodded. "Okay, let's go." He drew his sword and walked into the woods. The company followed, as did I. I had a strange premonition that something was wrong, but I was with Thorin. What could honestly go wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An Eleven guard appeared outside the throne room, where Legolas, the king's son, and Tauriel, an Elven maiden, stood. The guard bowed before the prince, then stood up. "I wish to see King Thranduil," he said quietly.

Legolas looked at the guard. "For what reason?"

"Prince, a band of thirteen Dwarves has entered Mirkwood. They are in the forest right now as we speak, with a smaller one with them. King Thranduil's spies have not reported why they went through the forest, just that they are here. What shall our next move be?"

Legolas was astonished. Dwarves? Here? What did they want? His first impulse was to tell the king, but something stopped him. Like all Elves, Legolas despised Dwarves, but unlike all Elves, Legolas also had a respect for them. They were unwavering in battle, and once they had their minds set on something, nothing could dissuade them. He began to pace, then looked at Tauriel.

"Will you stay here, while I scout this disturbance?" he asked her, wondering if she would actually listen. To his surprise, she nodded.

"I will make sure King Thranduil does not know of this," she said slowly. "Just hurry back. I don't know how long I can keep him occupied."

With a last nod to her, Legolas hurried away.

(Okay so guys, I have so many great plans for this story!! Like, things are just starting to get really good. Also, for those of you wondering, yes, there is going to be a slight romance with Tauriel and Kili, but it doesn't last long, because she ends up liking another Dwarf. But please, leave your comments!)