Brokenhearted.

The next day, I didn't get a visit from Thorin. Being locked in this cell was definitely aggravating. If Thorin wasn't going to give a damn about me, the least he could do was let me out. I would rather be commanding Orc armies than be sitting in a cage. But there was nothing I could do. I was powerless, the opposite of what I had been four weeks ago. Then, I had been powerful. I could have wiped my enemies out with just a snap of my fingers. But there was nothing I could do. I didn't have a choice. I was stuck here, for however long Thorin wanted me to be.

I was lonely, tired, brokenhearted, bored. I wanted to be freed, I wanted to live my life again. Did Thorin even care how much he was hurting me, leaving me in here? Did it matter to him? Did I matter to him? I shook my head. Not anymore, apparently I thought to myself sadly. I reached into my pocket and looked at the Arkenstone. I wanted to give it to him, to show him that he could still trust me. But then again, it could drive him more mad. I was in such a dilemma. To give or not to give. What was I going to do?

The answer came with Balin.

"Thorin told me to set you free," he said, springing the cage door free. I was beyond excited. "He did? Why?"

"He claims you have something he wants, and I'm to take you to him. He's in the throne room, waiting for you. If I were you, laddie, I'd hurry."

I didn't need to be told twice. I ran out of the room, into the throne room, where I figured the others would be. But the only person there was Thorin. I cautiously approached him. "Thorin?"

He looked at me with empty blue eyes, void of all emotion. I missed him terribly, I didn't want it to end this way. I didn't want it to end at all. But sadly, I had no choice. 

SUddenly, strong hands gripped my shoulders, and I was being pulled down, onto the gold, onto the jewels. I was stumbling, trying to pull away, trying to escape, but I could not. 

So Thorin had his way with me...on top of all that gold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fili was watching from the wall as the armies were slowly gathering. He wanted to call for Thorin, but then again he didn't. Thorin was insane, or at least halfway insane. There was no point in getting someone that crazy caught up in the war. He scanned below him again, and his eyes landed on Tauriel.

What was she doing here? Surely she wasn't planning on fighting. Had she come for him? Over the few weeks that had transpired, the two had been sneaking away to see each other...but if she was fighting, he wouldn't be able to bring himself to wound her. And that would pose a problem. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was escorted back to my cell and thrown inside. Everything ached...inside and out. My heart was hurting. How had this happened? What had Thorin become? I felt tears brim my eyes. I was so tired of crying over him.

But I did.​​​​​​​