Chapter 16: Jessica

Jessicas pov:

As soon as i hear Mia cry out I know I can leave.

I walk past her door where I know her and luke are finally doing it.

Go on gurl. You took your time.

I enter lucy room; grab her and walk out of the apartment. I carry her asleep in my arms all the way to the phone box.

Not just any phone box. One that no one crosses. One that sits in a place which no one enters. One where I know is perfect. One for me.

I reach the closed off alley and climb threw the gap. I walk down It not even the slightest bit hesitant.

The moon lights up the way and as I come out the alley the moons light beams seem to highlight the abandoned phone-box.

The wind brushes past me removing my hair from my face.

My brown curls sway gently behind me.

I hear the rustling of old crisp packets flutter by and a bottle runs threw the street. The wind gives a slight howl in the distance and I keep walking as if nothing is here.

I see nothing but the phone box. I hear nothing but her voice. I crave nothing but that forgiveness. I need nothing but.

I take the deathly step towards the phone box.

I cannot back out now.

Its red paint is clearly old and has now rusted over. Smeeres of words cover the box and a few names stand out. The glass is tinted in from all of its abuse at at the bottom some have finally smashed threw.

I open the door and the creek of it sounds out threw out the eeerie silence.

I grip the door tighter as a whimpering howl vibarates threw the street.

I suddenly feel an erdge to be safe inside the phone box.

I get inside awkwardly pushing lucy in. I catch her head on the door and I watch her- checking I didn't knock her out.

I stand there staring at the phone. I watch it. Then seizing the moment I do it.

I put the money in and call them.

It rings threw again and again.

No awnser.

Ring ring.

Ring ring.

A tear rolls down my cheek.

Ring ring.

Ring ring.

No awnser.

I just go to put the phone down, when I hear her voice.

"Ello. Dis is Angel. Ello?" She hiccups and nearly drops the phone.

I place the sleeping lucy on the floor and kneel down beside her in the cramped box.

Her brown hair stays falls out from the bobbles and drapes across her face. I sttoke her hair away still gripping the phone for dear life.

Her eyes flutter open then closed. I manage to catch a sparkle of her emerald green eyes.

If you have ever watched Monster's Inc then you know exactly what little lucy looks like.

"Im so so sorry Angel. I didn't want to leave you. I love yo-" my voice cracks and the tears fall.

"Oh jessey I luv you too."

I hear her heart wrenching sobs down the phone.

She begins to whisper "I miss you when are you comi-" When a voice beckons threw the speaker.