CHAPTER 18: The letter!

Mia. Kaylee calls again.

But I can't respond. Im unable to even think any thought. I can feel all my walls brake down and the pain consumes me.

My eyes stay locked with the wrighting. I don't even know how long it's been since I read this paper.

But there are tears burning in my eyes from how long they've been open. Straining against the will to blink.

My heart has never hammered so hard in my chest. I can feel it on the verge to braking threw my ribs ; this isn't human.

I finally blink and all of my tears which I've been holding back gush over. The pain which I've subsuded brakes free and I become so consumed I colapse to the floor in a heep of tears.

The letter stays locked in my hand and I begin to grip to hard tearing the sheet. My tears soke the sheet and the ink smudges all over the paper. My hands are covered in the ink and I still see nothing.

My vision is blurred out by everything.

Luke runs out of the room and pulls me into the circle of his arms. He doesn't even know why im crying yet still he holds onto me like no one before.

I grip him closer not letting him leave. But then I realise he will never leave my side even if it was me or the world. And maybe our love is dangrous but it isn't bad.

No powerful love isn't always bad it's just a fight of survival.

I memorised the letter word for word.

While I sit in his arms I re-read her words from memory.

"To Mia,

Im sorry this is all of a sudden. I love you for millions. But we have to leave. We have to go to my family. This could be goodbye forever.

Im sorry to leave you.

I thought we needed you to survive. And I thought because of you being so ...you, it would be the best way to bring Lucy up.

But it's not. She needs to be bought up in another world. One that doesn't contain vampires from another universe.

This is goodbye.

Im going to take Lucy to see my family. If they accept I can finally live happily. She can grow up with money.

Don't feel bad because you have done nothing wrong. Just remember we love you.

Many of thanks and love ,

Jessica and Lucy

XXXXXXXX"

MIA PLEASE. WE NEED TO HURRY. I NEED TO GET HOME.

SO WHAT. I HAVE LOST EVERYTHING FOR YOU. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I CAN GET HOME. BUT HERE I AM STILL WAITING ON YOU.

RISKING EVERYTHING FOR YOU. I TRAVEL TO YOUR TIME TO GET YOU HOME. I RISK MY FAMIKY FOR YOU.

YOU RIGHT NOW ARE THE LAST PERSON ON MY MIND BECAUSE HOW DO YOU KNOW THOSE MEMORIES WEREN'T SURPOSED TO STAY HIDDEN.

MAYBE THAT'S WHAT IS HAPLENING NOW. MAYBE I CAN'T HANDLE IT ALL.

BUT WHO Care- my voice brakes. Everything begins to spin and im sent into a twirling pit of nothing.

**********

Nothing.

I've never truly understood the fear of that word when I've read it. I've never truly anticipated the hollow feeling of it within your chest. I've never recognised it's true power.

Nothing starts as a light flame flickering in the pit of your stomach. That flame begins to catch as you loose everything around you. The nothing spreads around your body at dangerous speed intill it settles down relaxed with it's work.

The nothing sits in the slot under your heart watching it's brothers around it envelop you and take over you.

The nothing waits for the correct time to seize you in its paws. It controlls you and steals your heart all within a blink of your eye. Then you are sent into this great big twiling mist of nothing.

You stay list like this forever intill someone has the guts to reach in and pull you out. To hold you each time. To join you in your empty pit of nothing. To help you regain controll of your body and self. Maybe it takes a years or decades but you get there.

You taste the freedom threw your own happiness. You sense the light at the end of the corridor before you see it. You touch its thick warm air with your cold frosted over fingers and you know you are nearly there.

This is what happens to me.

I stay like this. I loose myself.

I loose me.

I know for a time I am not myself and this feeling haunts me so much.

The fear of the unknown.

The facts staring me in the face.

The everything! !