Chapter 27

Jason's POV:

"Our sentries in the next town have heard reports that the Midnight Pack is on the move." 

I was currently sitting at the head of the table with the top warriors of my pack on one side and Zach's Beta and Delta and our other allies on the other. That Black bastard had been rallying support against us for a long time. With war looming on us, we were heavily outnumbered. 

With our war plans in his hands we had to come up with a strategy fast. This was the worst case scenario. He already knew our weaknesses and strengths.

 Damn Teressa for betraying me like this. I would never forgive her for as long as I lived. 

This was a bleak situation. It was suicidal. 

My father noticed me rubbing my chest a few times. He was angry at me. But he would not disrespect me in front of the other Alphas. 

"We have to strategize quickly. Their numbers may be more but we have better techn -"

A screaming ensued from outside the room. My father broke off and motioned to one of the wolves guarding the door to see what the fuss was about. 

Liya broke in, white-faced. There was a crumpled letter clenched in her hand. I could see the tear tracks on her face. 

My father frowned, "What is the meaning of this Chloe?" 

Liya didn't make any contact with him. She walked straight to me and handed me the paper. Frowning, I took the letter from her and recognized my sister's handwriting. Blood rushed in my ears and for a moment I could blankly stare at the writing as the world came crashing down on me. 

Betrayal. Betrayal. Betrayal. 

I snarled, my wolf going wild at yet another betrayal. Rage welled up inside me. I was far too gone. Red was all I could see. I vaguely heard the crash of a chair and window shattering as I shifted into my wolf and ran into the forest. I was going to kill someone. 

I wanted blood. I wanted Black's blood. His son. His daughter. All of them. I would kill them all. 

Jason, you must stop! Liya pleaded with me. 

Alpha where are you going! What happened?  Nial shifted to his wolf, running along side with me. 

Jason she made her choice. Let it go, Liya whispered, her smaller wolf trying to keep up with me. 

Her broken voice made its way through the black rage filling my mind. 

I shifted and punched a tree. I panted as I tried to control my temper. My sister had left the pack. She had betrayed us. And for who? That bastard Sam Black, her so called mate. 

I felt numb. I had to be strong for the pack. My father and the other Alphas had caught up with us by now. My father's face reflected the same rage that I presumed was on my face. 

I had to be strong for my pack. "I, Jason Crissford, Alpha of the Crissford Pack, hereby banish Sarah Crissford from this pack. Anyone found harboring the fugitive will be tried and punished. The pack cuts off all its ties with the banished."  

I heard gasps. The command had been issued via the mind link. The pack was on the edge. I could sense their outrage, their disbelief and their grief when they realized what my sister had done. 

No, not sister. She was no sister of mine. 

I had the task to gain allies. Our allies were far too few. I had to sign a deal with the European Council. And the only way to seal that deal was to listen to their demands. The council had been pushing my father to arrange a mate for me.