Chapter 9

It's been two days since dad mentioned the party and it's Friday- the D-Day. Dad says it was more of a dinner party so we're to dress elegantly. Also, Mia said she and James would come early; either an hour or two hours earlier.

"Mel, I'm here." Mia yells after knocking.

I check the time which reads 4:30 pm. She's here an hour and thirty minutes early.

"Open." She walks in with four bags and drops them beside my bed before taking out an opaque bag and covering my mirror.

"I'm guessing I'm dressing up first."

"Yup." she pops the "p"

"Where's james?"

"He's with your dad. You know what I mean." I face palm my self knowing that they're probably acting like bros or something.

"Yeah, totally."

"Anyways..." She reaches for a bag, pulling out a red dress. "Here, go change." I'm about to ask about the mirror in the bathroom but she beats me to it. "It only shows your face." How did i not remember?

"Oh, ok. " I enter the bathroom putting on the red glittery long dress which has a sleeveless hand with the other being a long sleeve. I look in the mirror but can't see the dress making me groan.

"Told you." She laughs. I come out some time later after many failed attempts. I'll just see it all later. "Here." She pulls out the vanity chair.

After combing and brushing my hair, she holds out a curling iron.

"I thought you said it would be something different from curls?" I question.

"Calm down. It's going to be very loose curls." When she does curls it takes hours. She treats the hair so delicately.

She plugs in the iron from what I can tell, it might be 'game of thrones'. She braids some pieces of hair from either side and pins it at the back. I love the hairstyle because it's simple and beautiful.

"I'm going to apply light makeup on you, ok?"

"Sure."

After some more minutes, Mia finishes the make-up application.

"Here's your bad boy." she puts the shoes down and the purse on the bed.

"Oh my bap!"

"Breadwinners?" She gives me a disappointed look.

"Sorry." i quickly apologize not sorry in the least.

What?! Do not judge me!

"They are so cute." I squeal and Mia groans.

"There you go again with the cute this and that."

"Well, someone is moody." I sit on my bed while putting on the silver stiletto heels. "Can i see myself now?"

"Ok, but do not say cute."

"I promise." She removes the plastic bag slowly as i stood in front.

"Wow." I sigh after looking at myself. Everything is beautiful- the brown powder, silver eyeshadow, black mascara, shining red lipstick. I'm glad those were the only makeup she put on me cause I'm not really a fan of it. The hair,silver jewelries, purse, shoe and red dinner gown are so nicely put together which makes me attack Mia with a bear hug.

"Get away from me!" She yells struggling.

"Why should I?" I ask still hugging her.

"Cause you're gonna spoil your look."