chapter 29

It's been 2 weeks since Blake and I started dating and things have never been better.

Mia was beyond excited when i told her about it and kept telling me how amazing she is as cupid's assistant. She and James have been stronger than ever and I'm expecting a call from them soon enough with news of a baby on the way.

Work at the restaurant has been smooth. Bailey hasn't tried talking to me again except the occasional glares and snares but I really don't care and as for Thomas, we don't speak.

Sadly, Debby's break would soon be over and she'll have to go back to college in a week's time but we're making sure all the moments we spend together as a family are classic.

"Mel, someone's calling!" Debby sings as I get out of the shower, drying my hair. She smirks at me while answering the call.

"Debby!!!" I yell running after her.

"Oh yeah! She just showered- she'll look dashing as usual!" she says to whom I suppose is Blake.

"Debby once I get you, you're dead meat." I yell still running after her in noting but a towel.

"In 30 minutes? Of course, that won't be a problem at all. She's sending you hugs and kisses." She says hanging up and smiling innocently at me. "Blake says, get ready in 30 minutes he's coming to pick you up. He also says he'll get the hugs and kisses in person." She says with a wink, while I glare at her. "You're welcome."

"You're lucky I need you to help me get dressed." I mumble while snatching my phone from her.

~~~~~

About 20 minutes later, I'm dressed in a fancy red dress that ends directly above my knees with black stilettos and jewelries. Debby helps make me up lightly with mascara, eyeliner foundation and red lipstick.

Once she's done, she whistles and directs me to the mirror- I looked dashing!

I grin at Debby as someone rings the doorbell- that should be Blake. "Thanks." I say, blowing her a kiss and grabbing my black clutch.

"Hey." I greet once I open the door. Blake's mouth hangs open as he takes in my appearance before snapping himself back to reality.

"Hi. You look... Magnificent." He completes after struggling to find the right word which makes me chuckle. "You look perfect. Shall we?" he asks, offering his right arm.

"Yes, we shall." I reply, walking with him once I shut the door.

DEBBY'S POV

I have to pretend I'm okay with them dating but I'm a hundred percent not in support. It feels like I'm betraying Dianna since I know Blake is Nicholas. I've been hoping she'll figure it out but she hasn't which I'm partly happy and partly sad about.

When she told me about Blake asking her out, I called him him immediately asking what the hell he thought he was doing cause it's going to make things worse when she finds out. It has taken all the power in me not to expose him but I don't want to see Dianna broken again- this whole situation is really messed up.

Whenever he comes around to take Dianna out, I give him a disapproving look silently letting him know he should tell her soon enough.

I have no idea if mum and dad know cause they seem cozy around him and I pretty sure if they know about it, they'd make him end everything immediately.

I groan into Dianna's pillow tired of thinking of the whole situation- The problem is Blake's and he better handle it sensibly...