Betrothed

*Sarabi's POV*

At the Shimmer Pride...

I'm laying down snoozing on a warm rock. Something tap my head.

I open my eyes, "What? Huh?"

It's Sarafina and she's smiling big. For what though? I sat fully up with a yawn.

"Sarabi, I have some good news to tell you!" She said, with excitement in her tone.

"Which is?"

"Your betrothed to Prince Mufasa!"

My eyes grew wide. I sat frozen still on the rock. Sarafina wave her paw in my face.

I shook my head returning back to reality. "H-how did you find out?"

Sarafina sat down on the soft green grass with a smile. "Okay, so while you were sleeping, Zazu came here with a message from the King and Queen. They've been watching you with Mufasa. They think you're the one to be the next Queen of Pride Rock Sarabi!"

"Queen?! I can't be Queen, Sarafina."

"And why not?"

I look down moving my tail side to side. "I don't know anything about royality..."

Sarafina head bud me. "I'm sure Queen Uru will give you lessons."

"I know that. I mean, do you think Mufasa would like me to be his Queen? What if he thinks im not good enough for him??"

"Sarabi, you are perfect. Your beautiful, smart, and wise to others. The Pride Landers will love you! This is no mistake. King Ahadi and Queen Uru have pick the right lioness."

I got up giving Sarafina a hug. "Thank you Saffy. Your such a great friend!"

She hug me back. We release from each other and turn our heads hearing the sound of walking paws come close. Its my gorgeous mother. She greets me with a lick on the cheek. I nuzzle her purring.

"Hello mother!"

She smiles, "I'm guessing Sarafina here already told you the news."

I smirk at Sarafina nodding. "Yes, she did. She's more excited than I am."

Sarafina laughs.

"You'll begin your Queen lessons with Queen Uru tomorrow morning." Said my mother.

I nod. My mother walks off joining the pride lionesses. Sarafina stayed with me. I climb back on my rock and laid down. I rest my head on my paws thinking.

Wow, I'm the next Queen of the Pride Lands...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Sarafina's POV*

After chatting some more with Sarabi, I got up and went to go practice my hunt. Let's just say I'm not so hot in hunting. I'm too clumsy! Every since I was a cub I seem to not walk so smooth. I'm always falling or tripping over something. Sometimes I even trip over my paws! Crazy? I know.

I'm still a teenager. I have little time left before I become an adult. I must approve my hunts fast. Since my best friend has now join the royalty world, the only thing I can do is try to join the hunting party. But who would want a clumsy girl like me on their team? I'll mess up the hunt.

It's no use.

I let out a sad sigh. My ears fall flat. I stare down at my two front paws.

"Sarafina?" A deep voice called.

My right ear twitch.

"Sarafina, is that you?"

I turn my body half way around. A teen male lion walks up. His fur is creamy colored with eyes that are blue-green. I made a half smile.