Chapter 13

Its been a week and I haven't talked to or seen Austin since that day. He's called, texted, came to my house, school but I always ignore him or reject him.

I have been hanging out with Heather, Emily, and Sarah a lot. I haven't hung out with them in a long time. I told them about Austin, but no one else knows. I think the Mahomies think were dating still but I really don't know.

I went over to Austin's house yesterday to give him all his stuff. His clothes, and other stuff he gave me. I kept the necklace though. It wasn't like a real diamond necklace, but it was a locket necklace with a picture of us and our new years kiss. I didn't give it to Austin. I ran into Dave in the parking lot so I gave it to him.

I'm sitting on my bed texting my best friend from Pennsylvania when the door rang. I looked through the peep hole to see Austin standing there, with a box. I just stood there for a second. I decided to open it because he probably is returning my stuff.

"Hi." I said softly.

"Hey. I have some of your stuff." I nodded and took the box.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Austin, thats not a really good idea."

"Just let me tell you one thing." I nodded my head slowly and let him walk inside. We went onto the couch and I sat on the completely opposite side of him.

"What you saw that day was not what it looks like. The girl came onto me. I looked away from her and the next thing I knew she kissed me. You walked in right when it happened. I would never cheat on you. I loved you, I still do love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I feel horrible."

"I'm so stupid."

"Sam, your not stupid. If I saw you with a guy, I'd probably act the same way. I'm really sorry of what you saw." I nodded and ran into his arms.

"I'm sorry Austin. I should have listened to you. I should have known you wouldn't do that to me." He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you Sam." I smiled at that. "I love you to Austin." Then I kissed him. Man I missed these lips.