Chapter eighteen

Peter just smirks at me. He leans forward and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"What was that for?" I ask. He stands and pulls on my arm wanting me to stand.

"I would expect nothing less from Captain Hook's daughter. I hope you get your revenge one day. I should like to be around to see you put this little punk put out of his misery," he says to me. I grin like a fool and nod.

"I'll reserve you a front row seat," I reply. He laughs at me and yanks on my arm again. I stand up in front of him almost close enough to touch. He doesn't leave the space open. He closes the gap by wrapping his arms around me and kissing me on the lips softly. He deepens the kiss, running his hands through my hair and holding me close. I may have thought this to be moving too fast but now I don't care. The only thing that I know is that I am here in Neverland, kissing Peter Pan. Nothing else matters in this moment.

He breaks away from me and smiles. I cannot help but return his smile. He grabs my hand and leads me over to the entrance of the tent. I reach out and I'm about to move the flap that covers the opening aside when I crashing sound goes off outside of the tent. I push the flap aside and race out into the camp with Peter quick on my heels. I look around for trouble but I can't find any indication of where the noise came from. I look around the hearth for something. Peter calls out to the boys but he gets no answer.

"Felix!" he calls out. "Slightly! Crash! Benjy!" No answer from any of them. The camp is empty. Peter starts going around through all the tents around the campfire. I go through all the tents in the back. Nothing.

I get to the one of the last tents and I push open the flap in a panic. A figure in the back corner flinches. I walk into the tent and go over to the figure. I stop just in front of the young boy.

"Please don't hurt me!" he whimpers. I put my hand on the boys shoulder and the boy looks up at me. 

"Kyla!" The boy says and throws his arms around me. "I'm so glad it's you!" The boy looks to be about 12 or 13. He is shaking like a leaf and is petrified beyond belief.  His face is buried in my shoulder and his arms are tight around my neck. 

"What's your name?" I ask the boy, trying to calm his mind.

"T-Tyson. My name is Tyson," he says shakily. He lets go of me and looks over my shoulder. He  stiffens a bit. I turn and see Peter staring at us. Peter looks angry, upset and scared all at the same time. He walks over to us.

"They're gone," he says in shock. "They are all gone!" He looks so shattered. He drops to the ground and just sits there. I move away from Tyson and towards Peter. I take his hand and he looks at me. I take a deep breath in and he does the same. I let the breath out and he follows suit.

"We will find them, I promise." I say trying to sound brave and sure of myself. "Do you have any idea of where they might be?" Peter looks to be thinking and then his face explodes with realization followed by anger.

"Jinx!" He says, his voice dripping with hate. He stands and storms out of the tent. I race after him and Tyson follows me. He is about to march out of camp when I catch up to him and stop him. I put my hand on his shoulder and he spins around to face me.

"Peter, where do you think you're going?" I shout in a bit of a panic. 

"Kyla, my boys are all missing. The only person that could have done this would be Jinx," he says. "My boys would never disregard an order or do anything I have not told them to. Only you do that." I smirk a little bit but I know it's not a joke. His face hardens and I grab his hand to stop him from walking off as I know my reaction has just pissed him off more.

"We will find the boys, I promise. You trust me don't you?" I ask. He looks me in the eyes and moves closer to me.

"Of course I do. You know that," he says. I nod and step around him letting go of his hand. I start walking towards the forest. I turn back around when I realize Peter isn't following me. I give him a questioning look and he walks up to me.