Chapter twenty

Over the next week or so, Peter and the faeries continue my magic training. It's intense and extremely exhausting but I carry on regardless. I need to continue getting stronger and I've gained a vast knowledge of what my magic can actually do. I've impressive myself in how far I have come in only a short while. I know I still have much to learn but I've learnt as much as Peter and the faeries have been able to teach me during our time spent training.

When I first started it took so much energy and concentration to be able to conjure up just a simple energy ball, but once I did it for the first time it became second nature. It became easier and easier to conjure magic on Que to the point where I don't need to concentrate anymore. I merely need to think of what I want to happen and it does. Well, from what I've already learnt to do anyway, but it doesn't take me much time to master new spells. 

I am no longer limited to just making energy balls either. I can cast all kind of spells.  Some require an incantation but most I just have to think of what I want to happen and it does. In the beginning, I have to use a spell for any magic I wanted to do but as I learnt more and got stronger they no longer had any purpose. Spells are kinda like training wheels for those with magic. Once you know what you are doing, you no longer need the spell.  

I've grown to like, or rather accept my new look but I still miss what I used to look like. I miss my blue eyes above anything else. I have never seen purple eyes before. They don't look out of place on me but they aren't me. I've tried using magic to change them back but for some reason they won't. I guess I'll just have to get used to the purple eyes. 

My dark hair is taking some getting used to as well. I loved my natural color and I'm not satisfied that my new hair suits my fair complexion. The new clothes are very comfortable but are strange for trying to survive in the Neverland environment but they do work. For some reason this corset is very flexible and easy to move around in and the knee high boots look constricting but are also pliable. I do miss my usual attire though. Reminds me of times aboard the Jolly Roger and with my father.

While I've been learning magic, I've been learning about how to survive out in the Neverland forests on my own. I've been learning how to hunt and forage for food, the basics of tracking, camouflaging myself and how to build shelter. I honestly feel like some sort of Amazon princess I've read about in mythologies of other lands. In several month I've gone from being the daughter of a legendary pirate to a prisoner, a prize, a recruit, a lost girl, a run away, a target... the list goes on and ends at what ever it is I am now. The list will probably continue depending on how the next few days pan out.

And while all of this has been underway, we have been searching for the boys around the island, along the beaches, through the forest, inside of caves, even under the sea where we've sought the assistance of the mermaids that live there. They are very beautiful but are extremely nasty creatures. Upon first meeting me they tried to drown me. If Peter weren't there they would have succeeded. 

They all fancy him which he uses to his advantage but he isn't cruel about it. He doesn't toy with them, only uses their fondness as a way of gaining their cooperation. They will do anything he asks. They practically trip over themselves for his attention. That's probably why they tried to drown me because I'm a 'land creature' like him and they are sea creatures. It doesn't help that I have his undivided attention and they all know it. Jealousy can be a funny thing. Guess it doesn't help that they still view me as a pirate.

"You do realize why they tried to drown you?" Peter asks me on the way back to the camp which has been empty except for the two of us and the young boy we found. I give him a sarcastic questioning look.

"Do enlightening me." I say in a mocking tone and raising my eyebrows. He just rolls his eyes and answers anyway.

"Because they all want me. All girls do," he says. Over the past couple of weeks (I think it's weeks) he has become more like the 12 year old boy I was always told stories about. Extremely cocky and overly self-confident, which, if it gets any worse, will be completely insufferable. He flashes me a killer smile along with his statement which just makes me laugh. I roll my eyes and let out breath. I start walking off in front of him and he comes running after me.