Chapter 42 : 55th Recon Mission

Alex's POV
3 hours in space

The Commander stands up in front of the middle row. "We've been flying for 3 hours now. I hear by announce that everyone may leave their seats if they'd like." He says. "But please do not disturb the Pilot's room." He adds before walking into the pilot's room. Terrah stands up from the seat beside me. "Let's go!" She says with enthusiasm while taking my hand. I stand up and follow her out of the seating ailes and into the main hallway. "Isn't it awesome how technology has advanced to the point of defying gravity? We don't float around in the air like we used to." Says Terrah. "I'm so confused." I say. "Oh, sorry. That information was in the documents." Says Terrah. "What other information was there? It doesn't seem like you told me everything." I say.

"So are you doubting me now?" Asks Terrah. "No, I'm just wondering what else you've learned. Obviously more than what you have said so far." I say. "So you're saying you basically think I'm withholding information from you?" She asks. "Yes, I do. Please don't take it personally." I say. She rolls her eyes. "Unbelievable. I've told you everything except a few minor details like things about our past. It's kind of complicated to explain." She says. "I didn't think you'd mind." I add with a gentle smile. "Fine then." She says. We walk into the weapon room. "Well, there used to some place. In a textbook, it was described as a vast land with lots of sand. It's over 8,000 years old, probably crawling with aliens now. It's called Egypt." She says.

"That was a pretty interesting thing to find out. Do you know anything else?" I ask. Terrah holds her chin and looks up while thinking. "There's a city in France called Paris. It's a beautiful city known for its French delicacies such as escargot, and shopping and...romance." Terrah says. "I'd love to go there with you." She says, smiling. "Maybe someday we can. After we take out all these aliens." I say. "Aww, you really would like that?" She asks. "Of course, I'd love to visit there with you." I say. I take her hand as we walk to the cafeteria. "Smells good." Says Terrah. I nod as we sit at the table. "About that kiss...I have to admit, I think I liked it." I say. Terrah's eyes widen. "Oh my god! You feel the same! This is awesome." She says. She stands up. "Hey, everyone! Alex liked our kiss!" She shouts. I take her hand and sit her down. "Alright, you didn't have to announce it to the entire regiment!" I say. We both start laughing. Kolbe, Chikara, and Jessica come sit at our table. "What's up guys? The food here is awesome. The spaghetti is delicious, try it!" Says Jessica. I get up to grab something to eat.

Terrah's POV

"Aren't you going to eat?" Asks Jessica. "I will in a second." I say. Jessica sits in the empty seat beside me. "So, I heard what you said about Alex. That's awesome! In all my years of knowing him, I never would have expected him to actually kiss you." She says. "I know right. Since the moment I met him, it was love at first sight. He probably never felt that way though. He's far too sensible for that." I confess. "Can we not talk about love for once? After all, we are on a mission. The 55th Recon Mission, at that." Says Kolbe. "I have to agree with Kolbe. It's time we got our priorities straight. We're on a mission, in space. Let's focus." Says Chikara. I nod. "You're right. Sorry, I always get entangled in my emotions. I could go on and on for hours." I say. "A girl at heart." Says Jessica while smiling. Alex comes back and sees that Jessica is in his seat. He walks to the other side of the table. "Sorry, don't mean to separate you two." Jessica says while getting up and walking over to another table.

He takes his rightful seat beside me. "So I'm wondering how this whole thing happened. How did Dr. Kalscis get aliens into space? Did he infect some astronauts on a mission?" Asks Kolbe. "According to my hypothesis, based on his documents, the syrum was created on earth with extraterrestrial chemicals. As to how he got the chemicals, that's the mystery. But I do know that they were put into the water supply across the globe. And the other syrum, well very few people should know about it. Kolbe, your father must have injected it in you either when you were very young or it could have just blurred your memory recently. There definitely could be other alien shifters, but we just don't know where they are. One document would have revealed to me all the symptoms, but just before it could I saw that Dr. Kalscis must have ripped that part to shreds. Still, the man didn't do too well of a job with hiding his secrets." I say.