Chapter 48 : Secret Location

Kloe's POV

"Kloe, it's been three hours. It'd be in everyone's best interest if we head back." Says my comrade, Zeke. "No! We need to search for that secret location...just a little longer." I say. "But we've barely received any information from the alien shifters about the location, it could be anywhere. We're putting everyone's lives on the line here!" He continues. I grab his collar, lifting him up from the ground. "Look, the commander himself said we had five hours to search. I am going to use every centisecond, no every millisecond to look for that location if it kills me." I say. "...You're... Choking...me" says Zeke. I drop him. "Sorry. But you realize how important knowledge is to me. The only way to eradicate your enemy is to know everything about them. Every detail." I say. "For example, if you tried to fight Captain Liam, could you win?" I ask. "...No. Impossible." Says Zeke. "Exactly! But I bet if you knew everything about him...what his next move was, what time he goes to sleep, his taste in women...then you'd figure out how to beat him." I say.

"...No, still impossible." Says Zeke. I laugh for a moment. "Why did you use that example? You don't like him or anything, do you?" Asks Zeke. "What!? No! No way, absolutely not. I just...thought it was the best most relatable demonstration... To make you understand." I say. "Yeah, sure." Says Zeke. We keep walking in awkward silence. "I think we have company." Says my comrade, Vanessa. I turn around to find that a group of aliens have followed us. "Barry, Crayell, Amos! Wipe out the three on the left! Vanessa, Zeke and I will take care of the others!" I shout.

Chikara's POV

Alex and I walk over to Kolbe. He's sitting on a cart beside a tree. "Kolbe! Are you alright?" I ask. He nods. "Can't believe you had to come to my rescue, again. When will I ever be able to defend myself." He says. "I'm weak. I'll never be able to avenge mom." He says. "That isn't true." I say. I take his hand. "You've already done so much...you've saved humanity, you've helped us all." I say. "If that's so, then when are you going to stop babying me?" He asks. "Calm down, you don't want your headache to get worse." I say, adjusting the bandages wrapped around his skull. "No...I really haven't. All those veterans...died because I wouldn't transform. I had the choice. The opportunity." He says. "I'm of no benefit to humanity, or anyone for that matter," He says. "...You've benefited me. You taught me how to live." I say with a smile. His eyebrows arch. I must not have smiled since...when was the last time I smiled?

Alex rushes towards us. "Guys, there are a group of aliens headed this way!" He shouts. I sigh with frustration. "Alright everyone, assemble for combat!" I shout.

Yolanda's POV

"Kristen, you and I can save the situation. Quickly! Let's get the rocket blaster out from the spaceship!" I say. Kristen nods and follows me to the ship.

John's POV

I draw my blades and slice the abdomen of two of the aliens that approach me. I flip and fall back down to the ground. There are seven more of them on the lose. Dang it, how are we supposed to kill all these? I run up to the remainder and try to kill one, but miss. Uh oh! I slip and fall.

Alex's POV

The rocket blaster. I look into the distance but see that the spaceship is too far and the aliens have already caught up with us. Think. I see John in the distance, unconscious on the ground. An alien approaches him. "JOHN!" I shout. I run to him and try to ward the alien off with my blade.