Chapter 45 : Heartfelt Confessions

Terrah's POV

I find myself in a field of red flowers. They all are so beautiful...my favorite kind. I'm wearing a white dress with a lace trim. The sun is brightening the sky. Doves are flying everywhere, catching the sun rays. The clouds are floating up and down, the blue in the sky clearer than anything I've ever encountered. I smile with my eyes closed and make grass-angels in the grass. I feel a hand in mine. I open my eyes and see Alex. He smiles gently, something he hasn't done for a while. I stand up and wrap him in my arms. We laugh while skipping down the hill. Why does this feel so unnatural? We stand in separate areas on the field. The ground splits open and rain comes down. He reaches his hand out to me from the other side. I try to grab it, but can barely see over the smoking mist cloud. I hear a growl. Suddenly, an alien comes up from behind him. He screams an ear shrieking scream while getting devoured. I scream and yank on my hair. "AAHHHHHHHAAA

AHHHHH!!!!" I shout. I open my eyes. The lights are on and almost all the scouts are awake, looking disturbed, pissed and terrified. "Terrah, what the heck?" Asks Yolonda. "I am so sorry...bad dream." I say. I get up and run into the hallway. I am feeling beyond humiliated. I let the tears fall and sob into my hands. What does this mean? Does it mean I still desperately need Alex? I need to get over him. I wipe away a few tears and start to turn around. Suddenly, I feel warm arms wrapped around my waist. "Who is this?" I ask. "Who else would it be?" Asks...Alex? I face him and smile softly. "I guess you uh, heard what happened back there." I say. "Every octave." He says. I laugh softly. He releases me and stands with his hands behind his back, as usual. "I realized I was being unreasonable... I shouldn't have been so rash in ending our relationship. If you're alright with it, I'd like to take you back." Says Alex.

"It's a yes for me. If we hadn't made up, I'd probably suffering with insomnia." I say. Alex laughs. I hold him in my arms. "And I'm really sorry if I hurt you. You know I've never been in a relationship, so I'm unfamiliar with all these...feelings." He says. I giggle softly. "So let's make an oath...we promise to love each other without any regrets?" I suggest. He nods. I pull him close and kiss him, hard. He clings onto me, kissing me back, surprisingly passionately and with the same amount of effort as I'm giving him. After a minute I take a breather and look into his eyes. He smiles shyly. "I love you." I say. "Right back at you." He says. My eyes dart back to his lips. His do the same. This time it's him who kisses me hard, his lips melting into mine. And now I've seen the proof of his affection for me.

I stop and let go. "Alex... I didn't know you could be so...passionate." I say. He smiles shyly. "What time is it?" He asks. "2:43am." I say. "Oh god, the mission! We're landing at 3:00am. And we've spent most of our time with our relationship while we should have been saving your life." He says. "Don't worry about that. I spoke to Benny, he said it was all a big prank. Can you believe it? Pulled all that crap, and for what? I didn't tell him I knew Anne was an alien shifter though." I say. "He could have just lied, you know." Says Alex. "Yeah, but...I'm in your squadrant. You'll take care of me, right?" I ask. Alex's eyes become glassy. I place my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask. "I'm just...I'm so sorry. I abandoned you when you needed me most." He says. "And there's a chance we w- "Alex, calm yourself. The mission is bound to be an absolute success, you hear me? Our technology has been updated, we've got bombs and rocket shooters, and let's not forget, the best squad leader ever!" I say. "It's all going to be fine." I add, embracing him.