As If One Wasn't Bad Enough (5)

So I was finally able to connect to the internet (yay) so here is the next chapter. Enjoy!

Cara

That’s the rude bi-otch from before!

I turned to Jed, surprised he knew her too. At the same time, he seemed to have similar thoughts.

“I have no time for this,” Leah muttered. That was her name right?

“Uh, excuse me, the school is that way,” I said rudely, pointing to the school. She deserved it after yesterday.

“I’m well aware of that,” she said.

I don’t know if I heard right but she muttered under her breath, “Your kind is always looking down on us humans. As if you’re any better!”

“Where are you going?” Jed asked.

“I don’t have to answer to you,” she snapped, trying to brush past us.

Jed blocked her way but I wasn’t getting impatient.

“Jed, we’re going to be late,” I hissed.

He sighed and let her pass.

“What’s her problem?” I asked as we watched her run away.

He shrugged. “She’s the same from yesterday. She knows about our kind, Car, and she’s human.”

That shocked me. Not many humans knew of werewolves. Most of them were quite ignorant. Only humans who turned out to be mates of werewolves usually find out. There are also some, shall I say, fans of us, who search for us and dedicate their lives to living like us. It’s rather creepy. Kind of like that fan club that will never leave you alone.

“How’d she know?”

“No idea, but she seems to have a deep hatred for us.”

“No kidding! She’s that rude girl from yesterday. She seemed fine one minute until she looked at me.”

Jed frowned. “Do you think she can tell humans and werewolves apart?”

“It’s possible, isn’t it?”

Jed nodded. “One of the guys said if you focus enough, you could tell. The smell separates us.”

“But she doesn’t have our kind of smell,” I reminded him.

“I don’t know, but there must be another way to spot us.”

I shrugged. “Well, I’m heading to class. We’re already nearly late,” I said, rushing for my first class.

I slipped in just as the bell rang. Mr. James looked at me disapprovingly.

“Try to be sitting down at your seat the next time by the time the bell rings, Miss Bishop.”

I nodded and took my seat, which happened to be behind Duke. Just my luck to be able to sit behind him and get lost in his luscious locks and drift off in daydream.

As Mr. James started his lecture on the world’s history, Duke turned back to me, which he did rarely, and feigned disappointment in me.

“Shame, shame,” he whispered.

I rolled my eyes.

“Pay attention to the lesson, Mr. Weston,” I chided, doing my horrible impression of Mr. James.

The 40-something year old man suddenly looked in our direction.

“Turn around, Mr. Weston,” he said. Duke gave him a short nod before turning around.

I sighed, turning my attention to the board where Mr. James had written a hoard of notes in this unreadable handwriting. I don’t know how I managed an ‘A’ in this class.

As I scribbled down the notes, something hit my head. I frowned, looking up. I noticed that there was a piece of paper that was folded neatly into one of those interesting triangle things. Something I wish I knew how to do.

Carefully, I unfolded it. Duke’s messy scrawl was written on the lined paper.

‘Detention after school. Someone’s been naughty.’

After the note, at the bottom, there was a little wink face.

Was he flirting with me?

I blushed at the thought. There was no way he would even think to do so when he can have any other girl. After all, he was apart of the ‘hot stuff’ group, one that my brother was surprisingly a part of as well.

I crumpled the paper and threw it at the back of his head. Well, attempted.

Instead, it hit the boy from across Duke. Talk about bad aiming!

The guy, who I realized was playboy Hunter Bernard, turned around and gave me a suggestive wink.

I sunk lower in my seat, trying to cover my embarrassed face. In front, Duke was shaking with laughter. Yeah, enjoy other people’s pain!

Vote.Comment.Fan.