As If One Wasn't Bad Enough (23)

Hey guys :) So I'm not happy with this part at all but I wanted to upload something before a lot of time passes by... So although this may suck on so many different levels, I hope you like it at least a tad bit.... Enjoy!

Cara

I woke up with a start. It was like routine now. I’m not sure how many days have passed, and frankly, I didn’t want to know how long I’ve been in this hellhole.

One second I’m walking out the front, the next, I wake up with a raging headache in this dim room that gives me the creeps with the minimal light and cobwebs everywhere. For as long as I’ve been here, I haven’t seen light or my captor for that matter. Everyday, I’m given 3 small meals, which are sent to me through a dog hole. Everything is silent.

There is a shower, but I’ve been dressed in the same clothes as I came in, which makes me quite uncomfortable.

The shock of the situation has long died out and now desperation to get out is the only real emotion I have left. That, and the sadness that I’m so far away from Duke, who probably didn’t even notice my disappearance.

I look around, once again trying to see if there was some way of escape. As usual, I am disappointed with a room that was closed off to the real world with no windows or anything.

Tired, I lay back down on the hard mattress provided. I go back to the nightmare that has been set on repeat in my mind. Every time I close my eyes, I see it, or some variation of it.

In them, there’s always Duke and I, who are the main focus. There’s also sometimes either another stereotypical beautiful girl or the faceless captor. In one, Duke refuses me in front of national television and instead, has a family with the said beautiful girl. In another, the faceless captor rapes me and Duke turns away from me in disgust, again publicly refusing me. No matter, how many dreams I have, they are all of Duke refusing me publicly.

At this rate, I won’t even get to see his face one last time to have him refuse me. I’d probably die in here. The thought brought sourness to my mouth. I curled up and tried to push away the pain and suffering, but failing to do so.

Just take me away. End this.

***

A loud knock sounded, the booming noise reverberated across the whole room. Stunned, I shot up. For the days I’ve been stuck here, no one has ever knocked or even really acknowledged I’ve been here except for the fact that I’ve been fed.

The door slammed open and a girl, about my age probably stepped in, her long ruby red hair was down to nearly her butt. Her face was cool and her frame, small and scrawny.

I looked at her confusedly, not sure I even recognize her. A small smile spread on her face before she made her way over. Abruptly, she slapped me across the face. Shocked, I almost fell over to the side.

I recovered and held my burning cheek.

“Bitch,” she hissed.

“Now, now, calm down sweetheart.”

A lady, seeming to be about my mother’s age, appeared. Her hair was a dark brown and with hints of gray at the roots.

“How are you?” I asked them, my voice hoarse from days without use.

The lady laughed without humor.

“The person your mother stole everything from,” she hissed. “Flynn was supposed to be mine. Your mother always got them all, whatever she wanted. The best was hers.”

I am so confused. Who was this lady?

Tears formed at the corner of her eyes. “I was supposed to have the happy life with the perfect mate. But no, instead, a rogue kills my mate and rapes me.”

My heart went out to her, even if she did this to me.

“I don’t know who you are,” I said.

“Brianna, I used to be your mother’s best friend. I trusted her with everything and when she exposed me and gave me the reputation of a slut, I resented her and everything she has.”

“Mom,” the girl went to her mom and hugged her side, at the same time glaring at me.

Brianna shot daggers at me also. “And now, my daughter has taken a liking to your mate, but he’s not yours. He rightfully belongs to my Felicia!”

I shook my head. “No, he’s not! He’s mine!”

I was surprised at my burst of defiance.

Felicia laughed. “Well he’s going to be mine. I just need to eliminate you.”

“I’m going to make your mother suffer for taking what’s mine. You will have the same fate as I,” Brianna said.

Felicia smiled evilly. “After all, who would want a used up mate?”

It registered in my mind what they meant, and suddenly, I grew even more weary of my situation. They were right. Nobody in their right mind would want a mate who’d been raped and dirtied. As if Duke didn’t already have a reason to not accept me.

“No please.”

“Lucky for you, you’re rather a sight. There will be many of my rogue friends who are more than willing to do the job. For free even!”

I grew sick to my stomach.

Duke, help me!

“I’ll leave you here to let everything sink in,” Brianna said. “We want the deed done as soon as possible. Savor today, it might be your last day sane.”

The pair of them, laughed, and walked out, shutting the door.

Now I didn’t even have an ounce of hope. Everything was taken away. I will never be able to see my loved ones. Even if I survive, which I probably won’t since rogues are known to be brutal, I will never be able to face anyone.

Goodbye Mel, Jonah, mom, dad, Jed. And most importantly, goodbye Duke.

If you don't remember how Brianna is, go back and read ch2 of 'The Cursed Wolf'. So yes, tragic part (and boring)..... So thoughts? Is Duke or anyone gonna be able to help her before the deed happens?

Vote.Comment.Fan.