As If One Wasn't Bad Enough (12)

Hollers! So what's up guys? Here's another upload coming at ya! So question... Do you think that this story is kind of dragging and boring? Slow maybe? Like i don't know, I feel like I need to add a little more plot (I guess?) to the story or something to make it more interesting and fast paced but i don't know... any ideas? thoughts? and yes, I am aware this is short... it's like almost 1 o'clock right now and today was an extremely tiring day. It's summer and I woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep.. not a happy camper but i felt the need to get this typed up and uploaded before I become too lazy later... alright, that's all i believe... Enjoy!

Jedidiah

It’s been a week or so since I first met Leah and I haven’t really made any progress. Unless you count her getting progressively more and more annoyed and resented towards me progress, then I’ve gone nowhere but backwards.

Who knew falling for a human was so hard? I always knew that, with a human, the human doesn’t feel anywhere close the intensity of the feelings as the wolf does, but this is ridiculous! We’re meant to be soul mates and she’s just brushing me aside.

“Dude, who stuck a ruler up your butt and gave it a fling?” Elijah asked. “You look like you’re in immense pain.”

“I second that notion,” Ian said, raising his hand.

I glared at them. “Mind your own business,” I snapped. “And I’m fine.”

“Someone got his man period,” muttered Ian.

“Leave the fella alone,” Duke said, waving them away.

I nodded at him gratefully.

I feel like a chick right now, feeling so miserable because the person I’m interested in won’t give me the time of day.

“Dude, have you gotten laid lately?” Elijah asked.

I gave him a look.

“Obviously not,” Ian said.

“Well, there’s your problem!” exclaimed Elijah. “No wonder you’re sour than a puss.”

“There’s more to life than bedding girls,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“Gay,” Ian accused. Always the one I want to smash my fist in his face, friend or foe.

“Who whipped your ass?” Will asked.

“Guys, we’re all werewolves here,” Duke started, “isn’t it kind of obvious he has a mate?”

“No way!” Ian’s eyes widened.

“What’s it like, man?” Elijah asked. “I thought it was a myth!”

I turned to Duke, shaking my head, I said, “Are they high?”

He shrugged. “Must’ve been dropped a couple times when they were little.”

Ian rolled his eyes and Elijah smiled to show he was joking.

“All jokes aside, who’s the chick?” Will asked.

“Yeah, who’s got you so love struck?” questioned Ian.

“Bet it’s this total bombshell!” Elijah outburst.

“It’s Leah,” I said simply.

“Leah? That new girl?”

“That would be her.”

“I heard she’s human.”

The 3 of them then began discussing how hot she was. I wanted to rip their mouths off so they wouldn’t be able to say such vulgar things about my mate.

“You’ve been awfully quiet,” I told Duke, who seemed to be in his own little world, only sometimes speaking to ward off the other guys about my behavior or to smack one of the guys for doing something stupid usually towards my sister. He’s been like this the whole week.

“Nothing,” he said, shrugging.

“So I figure you haven’t told her yet?” Will guessed. “Or maybe she didn’t accept you.”

I sighed. “Both.”

“Damn, sucks to be you!” Will said.

“Tell me about it,” I muttered.

“The great-o Jedi is giving up?” Ian asked, feigning surprise.

“Yeah, does the Jedi suddenly give in to the dark side?” Elijah added.

“What are you guys smoking?” I asked, and it was a genuine question. Sometimes I wonder about my sanity level when I befriended these goons.

“Listen, you can get any girl,” Will said, moving his hands around unnecessarily.

“And?”

“Which means, eventually you can get your mate,” Elijah said.

“And how am I supposed to do that?” I asked.

“You fight for her and you don’t sit and mope.”

That actually sounds like a damn good idea. I can’t just let her ease into the idea of accepting me. I have to do something to make her accept me in someway. To make her fall for me and make her feel what I feel for her.

“You just might be onto something guys,” I said, grinning.

I am not giving up without a fight. Leah, you better be ready because I’m about to break down those barriers!

Sh-yeah!!! Jed is actually fighting for his mate and not giving up! Unlike Cara yes? 

Vote.Comment.Fan.