As If One Wasn't Bad Enough (26)

Whaddup!!!! So here's another upload :) That's the good news.... The bad news is this story has officially ended.... actually i don't know... I might add another chap and then do the epilogue or the next one will be the epilogue... hmmm... decisions decisions! Enjoy!

Jedidiah

Rubbing the slight stubble that had accumulated during the past week or so, I slowly entered the guest room in my house, where Leah was currently housed.

Her aunt and uncle, if you would even call it that, were charged on multiple accounts of abuse and neglect. Honestly, I think they deserved the death penalty, but I was relieved to know they were punished somehow. Leah, being only 17, technically had to go to a foster home, but considering that she was in her senior year and the year was half way through, they allowed her to stay with us.

Victor, he was also arrested. The old man, Daniel, was too. I, of course, pressed charges. No one messes with my mate and gets away with it.

I sighed, remembering the fact that Leah had rejected me. But that wasn’t important to me. As long as she was safe and happy, I could live with that.

The sound of my sigh, made Leah turn around. She looked startled, a deer caught in headlights.

A faint smile graced her lips as she realized it was me.

“Hey,” she said softly. Luckily for her, I had taken all the damage. She was barely scratched. She was only shaken up mentally.

I nodded slowly at her, making my way over cautiously.

“Are you okay?” I asked, trying to mask the desperate concern I had. She nodded, reaching out a hand and softly placing it on my chest and making her way down to the place of the bandage.

“You?” she asked.

“I’m fine,” I said, trying to repress a groan. I can’t believe I’m actually getting turned on by her slim fingers at a time like this.

She closed her eyes, seeming to be in pain. Gently, I touched her cheek.

“Leah.”

Her eyes shot opened, and at once, they were suddenly filled with tears. My heart gave out at the sight.

“Thank you,” she said hoarsely. “Thank you so much.”

I nodded, glad that she wasn’t hurt but just thankful. I pulled away from her and ran my fingers through my hair. “I’ll see you later. Maybe you should get some rest.”

I turned around, starting for the door when I was startled to find arms wrap around my waist. My breath caught as I stayed still, frozen in place. My wolf growled in contentment to have our mate’s arm around us.

“Jed,” she murmured against my neck. I kept myself in check, making sure I didn’t turn around and ravage her here and now. There was a time and place for everything.

I stayed silent, not knowing how to react to the situation. I was baffled as to why she was doing this. My breathing grew ragged.

“Jed,” she called again.

In response, I gave a small grunt, which was all I could muster.

“I love you.”

It was a barely whisper. Without my keen hearing, I would’ve missed it. But I’m so happy I didn’t. Those words, only three but with so much meaning, were like magic to my ears. Throwing my self control right out the window, I turned around. I was so happy I couldn’t think. I hugged her tightly and spun her around, making her squeal my name in surprise.

When I placed her down, I looked into her eyes and told her the one thing that has been on my mind ever since I saw her and realized what she was to me. “I love you,” I said back, brushing her hair away from her face. “I love you. I love you. I love you!”

She grinned, the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. I kissed her sweetly on the lips, meaning for it to only last a quick second, but once I started, I couldn’t stop. It seemed that it was the same for her as well.

Once we started, we didn’t stop. Not until I had completely marked her as mine that day.

***

*5 years later*

“Hydrangeas!”

“Calla lilies!”

I glanced at Duke, who like me, looked stressed out and very bored.

Our fiancées were fighting over what flowers to use for their bouquet. Miraculously, they had already decided that rose petals in various colors would be thrown on the aisle.

Yes, we were getting married. We were all 22, and decided since we had already graduated our first four years of college, it was a good time as any to get married. That and well…

“Ouch!” Leah squeaked. “I got a kick! Jed feel it!”

Yes, Leah was pregnant. We found out the shocking, but exciting news, just about a month ago, and right away, decided for a wedding. Cara, happy for us, also wanted to get married soon. Duke, hearing the news, proposed. Apparently, it was romantic and way better than my proposal according to Leah.

I laid my hand softly on Leah’s stomach and felt a small kick. I smiled before placing a kiss on her forehead.

Leah smiled at me before turning back to Cara, her business face on. “Hydrangeas,” she insisted.

I rolled my eyes.

“What about this, there’s two flowers, two sets of bridesmaids, we’ll just do two different flower bouquets,” Duke suggested, speaking out loud the thought I had had about an hour ago when this started.

The girls looked at each other and nodded. Cara turned back to Duke and kissed him. “I love you!”

Duke wrapped her waist and rested his chin on top of her head. They both had wide smiles on their faces the one that mirrored, I realized, mine and Leah’s.

“What about cake?” Leah asked, snuggling into me. I wrapped my arms tighter around her in response.

“I absolutely love red velvet!” Cara squealed.

I rolled my eyes, knowing Leah would disagree. As if on cue…

“I prefer coconut,” she said, narrowing her eyes. “I’ve been craving them recently, and since I’m pregnant, we should go with that.”

Cara narrowed her eyes as well.

Before this could get out of control, I covered Leah’s mouth with my hand. “We’ll do both.”

Both smiled contently then turned to us guys. “What about the grooms’ cake?” Leah asked.

I shot a glance at Duke. “Chocolate,” we both said.

Cara and Leah walked over, trying to decide more details of the wedding while I walked over to Duke and rolled my eyes.

I couldn’t wait until the planning was over and the wedding actually happened. This was stressing me out!

So yes, I skipped 5 years.... Well there u have it.... They will be getting married, but no, i will not write a chap on that... prob not.... I attempted to get pics for u guys to see the wedding dress i visioned them in, the cake, the reception dress, the bridesmaid dresses.... the works! but i got lazy and it would take too long to search the pics... Thoughts?

Vote.Comment.Fan.