Silent Reunion [unedited]

I wrote this when I was like 15, oops. But yeah,  I'm bringing it back! Please vote and/or comment :). And please listen to the piece I attached (Valse Sentimentale by 'Tchaikovsgay')

----------

Perhaps silence isn't always golden...

Levi lifted up his head upon hearing a little tap on his door. "Who's there?" he asked, apathetically.

"Er, it's [F/n], sir. Permission to come in and speak with you?"

[F/n] was a member of the Special Operations squad who'd joined with Oluo, Petra, Gunther and Eld. She was known for her skill with a group and her mastery of the 3DMG.

Of course, nobody could predict one's performance on the day.

Levi lifted up the quill from the documents he was working on, but then shook his head. The ink had dripped onto his sleeve and over some of the text. He growled to himself. "Can this wait until tomorrow? It isn't that important, or is it?" he called out.

[F/n] froze a bit but thought it was best to remain silent. She needed to talk to him; this had been on her mind for months.

She wanted to tell him. She needed to tell him.

The silence answered his question in a way. He sighed heavily. "I'm busy with paperwork at the moment, we can talk tomorrow."

Although, whether he was busy with paperwork or whether the ink began to drip on his sleeve or not, he shouldn't have shooed her off like that. The poor girl was getting on his mind more than ever these days. Well, her concern and slightly uneasieness as of late was concerning him and that could have been a chance to talk to her.

It's not like that conversation was going to happen; by the time tomorrow rolled around, everyone's head was in the clouds due to stress and fear.

It was 57th expedition beyond the Walls. The higher ups were adamant and wouldn't talk much; something big was going to happen.

The Survey Corps couldn't have been any louder once they settled in the Karanese District. Anxious rookies sat on their horses, clutching their reins in utter terror. Their faces didn't hide anything from their heavy bags to the perspiration matriculating down the contours of their faces.

Some other squad members looked a bit dead; they had seen the outside before and they weren't happy to be visiting it again.

[F/n] trotted along into position. She snapped her head to the side upon hearing another horse trot beside her. The raven-haired man tugged at the reins and cocked his head to the side to get her full attention.

"Hey, [F/n], what was it you wanted to talk about?" Levi asked. [F/n] felt her face flush and she looked away for a moment. "Oi... look at me."

'Is there even a point in telling him now?' she said to herself. She turned around and looked at him, hooded gaze barely looking back at her. "It's too late now, sir, there's no point in telling you now. Later or whenever we get back..."

Levi's brows raised in slight concern. What was she hiding? Something personal, anyway. He suddenly remembered everything that was going to happen on this expedition, provided that the Corps' theory was correct.

There was a spy lurking in the shadows and they needed to apprehend him or her.

This fact alone alarmed Levi and he gripped her shoulder. "Listen to me," he began and she turned around. "There might not be a later or a 'whenever we get back', and you know that."