A Death In London [3] (unedited)

Part three. Again, more bonding .

23/02/2016: I swear to god, I'm deleting all Petra-related hate comments I see.... starting now

♡♡

Levi Ackerman was a lonely man.

He liked to work alone, he had no distractions and worked efficiently and quickly by himself.

He was alone for most of his twenty-seven years of living and it took a long time for him to admit that he was somewhat used living by himself.

Not many people knew the raven-haired mortician personally. They may have seen him at the market to collect his things but that would be it. He didn't get much mail and the like because of this. That, however, changed after meeting Lady [F/n].

It was early in the morning and Levi had just lit a fire. He rubbed his hands together to provide extra warmth when he saw a letter get passed under his door. Quirking a brow, he walked over to it.

"Probably some stupid kid playing a prank," he muttered. He bent down, picked up the letter and tore it open. "Oh?"

He was quite shocked to read the letter, or invite. It was an invitation to some sort of gala. He was surprised to see that [F/n] was hosting this event.

Invite him of all people? It was absurd for her, a noble lady, to invite someone like him.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. At this stage, she knew just to come in. She walked inside and set her parasol by the old, wooden door.

"Good morning, Mister Ackerman, how are you today?" She spoke, merrily.

"I need to smoke," he said, stiffly. He went over near the and acquired his pipe. "Why did you send me the invite?"

Well, that was not how she expected their day to start with. Four months worth of Mondays had passed. She simply thought that it would be nice to invite him; he didn't seem to go out that much. This man lived all alone and dressed the dead for a living. He doesn't come across as a social person as it is.

"Well, sir, I want you to have some fun and to come out. You seem kind of lonely given that you don't leave this place apart from your groceries and the like."

"Lonely, why I--" he began but he stopped.

But just because he was used to it, it didn't mean he liked it. Here was a man that lived alone, in this seemingly derelict and bitterly cold house. No one would ever suspect that there was a lonely man living here. [F/n] eventually came to admit that this man deserved company and compassion. He was such an interesting man and was kind in... different ways. Usually when he spoke, there was a certain bite to his tone, but he was respectful in other ways that other people seemed to lack.

Why did this man live alone? And why did he refuse to keep in contact with other people?

"I am right, though... aren't I?"

He sighed heavily. It's not something he liked to bring up and not something he broght up often.

"Come outside with me." He requested.

As they walked outside, [F/n] never would have believed to see a fertile garden. There was a slightly gnarled tree sitting at the tip of a hull. As they walked up the hill, [F/n] noticed two graves.

"The left is my late wife and the right would be my daughter," he stated. [F/n]'s heart already began accelerate. "I'll keep this brief, I hate to bring this up... My wife's name was Petra Ral. Around two years younger than me, she'd be turning twenty-six in a couple of weeks.