1995 [1]

This is different (again short) oneshot. It's all based on a true story: how my parents met. My dad has recently been described as smooth, ahaha. Actually, he is smooth in a way. You'll see how.

It's going to be a little bit OOC because you're literally seeing my parents being acted out by the reader and Levi, but I hope you enjoy it anyway ♡♡

~*~

He was home after ten years.

He needed the money at the time and the only way to make a decent salary was for him to move away from home all those years ago.

Levi Ackerman was now thirty-two years old. No job and no house of his own. He was living with his father for the time being.

His fiancée lived over-seas. Or should he say, ex-fiancée who was also mother to their two children. Unfortunately, their relationship

He had nowhere else to go while he was there except home. Being in thT

At the moment, Levi was at a pub he used to go to with his friends. But it didn't look the same. While he was away, everything had changed. A new owner who didn't recognise him, a new band of people, the interior. He had missed out on a lot while he was away.

It was around midday and there was a table quiz starting and people were taking their seats. He was waiting for his old friend from secondary school to come along, but he was late.

"Alright, folks, the table quiz will be starting soon so you'd best take your seats." The bartender proclaimed.

Levi sighed heavily and took his seat. He was sitting in front of two elderly women and a young lady with [h/c]. She was twiddling with her hair before casting her eyes up at him. Noting that she looked like she really didn't want to be here - which was very true - she leaned back into her chair and passed him a smile. He nodded and retrieved a pen from his breast pocket.

"The first category is general knowledge. Question one: who invented the thermometer?" The bartender asked.

The elderly woman sitting beside the girl across from Levi appeared to have known then answer. She extended a finger towards the other elderly lady. "I know this one and it's not Freddie Mercury." She wrote down the answer and greeted Levi with a smile. "Hello, dear, what's your name?"

Levi's eyes widened momentarily. "Hello. My name is Levi."

"Ah, my name is Caroline. Call me Carol, I haven't been called that since I was a little girl. This is my daughter, [f/n]. That's Anne beside you." She informed.

[f/n] shook Levi's hand. She seemed to be extremely shy. She sat up when they heard the next question. She took the pen Levi was holding and wrote down the answer.

Levi noticed the silver band on her left hand. Engaged, he said to himself. She was undoubtedly very easy on the eyes. Levi didn't realise what he was saying until he said something he instantly regretted. "Who's the lucky man?"

Oh, for fuck's sake, Levi, he said to himself.

"Ooh, [f/n], isn't he charming?"

"Mom-!" She hissed. "Er, it's someone from work."

Levi thought of his ex-fiancée. No, he said to himself, marriage is pointless and doesn't guarantee anything. Levi and his ex-fiancée's had slowly been drifting apart for many years. A lot of people said they were made for each other. Even after their engagement, the relationship didn't take a turn for the better. Their once meaningless conversations grew even more hollow, devoid of compassion and when it all boiled down to it, they had to ask themselves if they could put up with that for the remainder of their lives?