Of Masks and Deceit (unedited)

The reader is kinda sadistic (binge eater, you know) so I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable. I left out the Japanese honourifics... sorry. I can put them in if you like.

This is unedited and I need to go over the mistakes

TW: IMMENSE gore

~*~

She scurried down the alleyway, knowing that the CCG was monitoring the destroy a lot more than normal. Together, the CCG seemed impossible to take over. But there was one ghoul who could make their defence force or strategy break or go awry and come brittle.

That was [f/n] [l/n]. Unlike most ghouls who earned the attention of the public and the higher up members of the CCG, she wasn't given an alias. She made sure of it because anyone who got a so much as a glimpse of her face - even side profile - was killed.

That was currently what she was doing. Someone had made eye contact with her while doing another one of her hunts for food and this man was a major journalist. If he got a hold of her personal details, he could simply write an article she would be detained in thr Cochlea in the 23rd Ward.

This was going to be tricky business; she had spotted him around here before but this spot was near enough to her apartment and she wasn't sure if her partner was home. She wasn't sure if he knew she was a ghoul.

Hiding behind a corner, she put on her mask. It was a mask with elaborate designs with dark [f/c] swirls. It shielded her eyes and nose but left enough room for her mouth.

"Ah... there you are..." she breathed as she spotted her target.

She hastily climbed up an street light and onto the roof of an apartment block. She jumped from roof to roof before realizing she could trap him and he'd have nowhere to go.

With a loud thud, she landed before him and he jumped out of his skin.

"...the hell?" the man gasped, acknowledging the absurd height she had jumped from. The idea quickly popped into his head and his hands fumbled with the phone in his pocket. His eyes welled up and he shook his head frantically. He got his phone and tapped some contact. "Sh-she's here... sh-she's in f-front of m-me..." he whimpered.

The kagune emerged from her upper back. She sauntered up to him as he backed into a corner. With a white-knuckled grip, she tugged him up close to her before sweetly whispering in his ear.

"If you would be so kind to remain quiet, I would appreciate it..."

Before he could let out a squawk, he was impaled in the side. Thanks to the spines on her tentacle-like weapon, his death was ensured. The stabbing sensation returned tenfold as she pulled her kagune out of his slightly deflated body.

It was done.

It was quick and quiet. And no one was around to watch and she was feeling a little bit hungry...

In the empty alley, repulsive noises echoed. She tore the man apart, bit by bit. She cut off his limbs and tore into what seemed like rock-hard bones. Her sclera was as dark as the night sky, her pupils as red as the thick blood she liked to savour. She decapitated the head and grinned in satisfaction.

She left the decapitated head on top of the two limbs and the bones she decided not to eat. His face was mauled beyond recognition, his mouth open wide like he was trying to swallow flies. She plucked out an eyeball and exhaled in ectasy and bit down on it violently. She let out a moan at the raw pleasure. Her hands looked like she washed them in paint.

She looked at one of the hands she didn't eat tore one of the fingers off with little to no effort. She stuck that index finger into the eyeball that she left behind.