Appassionato [part one, maybe]

Pic above is where I sat in a concert in Friday! Esther Yoo played Tchaikovsky and the orchestra played "Alexander Nevksy" by Prokofiev 0_0

If you see "[source one/two/three/etc]" in oneshot and in the comments, then feel free to clickey. I don't describe them too much but if you can't understand some definitions, lemme know if you're curious.

~*~

Levi set down his violin case near his bedside locker. He thinks so anyway; he walked into something hard near his bed a couple of minutes ago. He was so exhausted that it felt like his eyes were sinking back into his skull. Luckily he was performing in his hometown and not some place that was a few hundred - or even thousand - miles away.

He shrugged off his black slacks and his pristine, snow white shirt before slipping into some baggy tracksuit pants and a plain t-shirt. He hobbled out of his bedroom, rubbing his eye with the heel of his palm.

Blisters adorned the pads of his fingers, even between his fingers due to years of playing the violin.

"I need coffee."

It was almost a holler throughout his spacious home as he walked into the kitchen. He flicked on the kettle before checking his watch.

23:48

"I shouldn't really be drinking coffee then, huh." He said to himself.

Walking into his sitting room and fetching a scarlet apple before sitting down. He let out an exhausted groan, cracking his neck in place. He flicked on his television that sat on his mahogany table, adjacent to another fabricated armchair. His phone vibrated.

He instantly knew who it was. Who else would call him when midnight was approaching. He grabbed his phone with a vice-like grip, bringing it up to his ear.

"What." He snapped, exhaustion lacing his tone.

"Two things," Hange began. He rolled his eyes, flicking through the various channels. "One, you're on t.v.!" she exclaimed.

"Oh, shit," was the first thing Levi said. He flicked through the other channels before finding tonight's performance.

"What do you mean by 'oh, shit'? Levi, this was probably your best performance this year. Anyway...Two, you have to give a review of this new violinist. Her debut is in two days. She might be the next big thing."

The idea of reviewing a soon to be upcoming artist didn't appeal to Levi at all. It sounded selfish as hell but the classical music field is ridiculously competitive.

There were so many leading violinists, pianists - you name it - performing in major venues. Armin Arlert was a gifted cellist for one, his "quartet-friend" Eren happened to be an expressive and celebrated violinist as well. If by expressive, one might mean a little bombastic and almost... angry.

And there was going to be another violinist making her debut in two days.

Levi watched himself performing with the orchestra just a few hours ago, trying to focus on him rather than other people. He hated watching himself though; he would often sit, staring at the screen for the better end of three quarters of an hour, pointing out his minuscule mistakes. [source one]

Levi had eased his way into the orchestra's accompaniment gently but with an unhindered passion. He already pulled a grimace even though the tone he produced was nothing short of exquisite. The bustling in the audience had stopped bustling and listened to raven haired man play. He climbed up the fingerboard with broad strokes, the violin ringing clear sounds as he cocked his head and swayed every now and again to the music.