Time [Modern AU] [unedited]

Mute!Levi x Reader

Note: this was so hard to write. Levi's personality, for me, often comes with his dialogue, thus making him easier to write. But there is none in this and frankly, I think I made a mess of his character. (Ooc Levi, bascially)

~*~

Sunlight poured through the windows causing [F/n] to stir. She pushed her weight to her elbows and lifted herself up. She rolled herself onto her side and placed a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Come on, sweetie," she crooned, knowing that he wasn't fond of these terms of endearment. "I'll start singing if you don't wake up~"

No response, verbally or physically.

"Mister Sun has got his hat on, hip-"

Within those few seconds, Levi sat up abruptly and rubbed his eyes, sleepily. He tossed an 'are you fucking serious?' look with his eyes to her.

She edged closer to him and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek. Hesitantly, she smoothed a thumb down the hollow of his throat before sighing. "Come on, I need to change that bandage on your leg. Then we can go get coffee or whatever, we haven't done anything together in a while."

Within half an hour, Levi was wearing nothing but his boxers and his shirt's buttons were opened. Below him, [F/n] began to unwrap the banadge on his upper thigh.

"Grab my shoulders or something to let me know if it hurts."

As she began to dab some disinfectant on to the laceration, she felt the muscles in his legs tense. She paused and squeezed his hand. She had no way to tell how much this was hurting him because all she could now hear was very faint croaks.

Levi's wrinkled face eventually loosened and his jaw fell slack once the stinging sensation was gone and once his leg was secured in a clean bandage.

"Thanks, Levi." She responded.

He was not an idiot. This was hard for her too. He wish he could tell her - apart from writing - that she was doing a good job and that he appreciated his efforts. Normally, he'd never do that; he would expect his wife to now that by now, but he just needed her to know.

She was slightly angry at him despite how much she tried to keep it hidden. Of course, she was heart-broken as well. Thank God she received a phone call pertaining his unstable condition at the time.

\\

He was late. He was never usually this late.

He had a few late nights, but Levi was very consistent with just about everything.
After settling down after a hard day's work, she just wanted to be able to spend time and chat with her husband.

She waited for a message off him. The two lived far away from their jobs... maybe he forgot something or he ran out of gas, or maybe--

"H-hello?" she responded, voice quivering.
"Would you be [F/n] Ackerman?"

She quirked a brow. "I-I would be, who's calling?" she asked, warily.

The man didn't reply but she heard the sound of sirens coming from the other end. Her pulse elevated and she gingerly gripped the phone. "S-sir, is everything alright? Please, answer me, you have to-!"

"I just called the Stohess University hospital. Your husband was just involved in an accident."

No...