x. infinity

warning: extreme fluff ahead

_________________________

"Baby," Harry looks down at the drowsy angel resting peacefully and comfortably in his arms. Niall had started drifting off again halfway through the movie when the Grinch went from house to house, stealing everyone's food and presents under the Christmas pine trees to throw into his huge red bag.

"Ni, wake up darling." His fingers skim across Niall's soft cheek as if he was tracing his fingertips across the spine of an expensive hardcover book, caressing his skin, admiring him all the while trying to get him to wake up. It was hard not to admire him when he looks so peaceful and adorable in this state.

Harry couldn't wait to see those beautiful baby blues he adored so much. He wished to take Niall to the beach, to the sea, and compare the colour of Niall's eyes to the beauty of nature. To prove that he's really got the prettiest eyes. Which are currently hidden under puffy eyelids.

"Angel..." Harry whispers quietly, candied pink lips brushing against the blonde's ear, causing Niall to squirm slightly, slowly but surely stirring awake. Harry had risked it that moment in using the familiar pet name with him, smiling to himself at how nice it felt to have the word roll off of his tongue in a languid manner. He actually missed using it, and missed how Niall would roll his eyes at the pet name, blush dusting his cheeks nonetheless.

"Up up, Ni. I'm almost leaving," Harry spoke in a hushed voice, smiling as Niall's eyelids started fluttering open, his blue eyes looking up at him through thick, soft lashes.

"Mm. Hi, Harry." Niall's voice is laced with thick sleep, the tiredness evident. His lips part as a short yawn escapes and drags out, making his eyes appear to be glossy and teary. The blonde snuggles closer to Harry, his cold nose settling right in the crook of his neck, detecting where it's warmest.

Harry chuckles, pressing a gentle kiss on Niall's temple, firm arms coming to wrap tightly around the sleepy boy.

"Don't leave. Please," Niall pleads and his voice is muffled against Harry's skin, shivers spreading across his spine when he feels Niall's lips brush up against him slowly as he spoke.

The brunette's heart ached so much-and oh god, he never ever wanted to let go of his angel, have an eternal hold on him, and keep him safe.

Like how it's supposed to be. How it's meant to be. Like how it used to be.

"I'm sorry baby, I've got to get going soon. Look, how about we message each other yeah?" Harry offers, his voice coaxing and calm, making Niall's heart thump and stutter in ways he didn't even think was possible.

"Mkay, I'll give you me phone number," Niall announces, but his actions don't advance, and he makes no effort in moving, his body molded snugly still against Harry's bigger frame. Harry laughs quietly to himself, thinking how precious Niall is.

Niall was too comfy and engulfed in Harry's sweet warmth, he had no intentions of moving anytime soon. However, Harry forms an idea in his head and with a smirk, he sits up straight, Niall clinging onto him like second skin. He grips Niall's hips in his large hands and helps the boy on his knees, causing him to straddle Harry's lap.

Immediately, Niall's eyes widen and he feels way more awake than before. He pulls back, a pretty shade of blush sitting on his cheeks, small hands set on Harry's broad shoulders, not knowing where else to place them. This was a rather interesting position that had Harry's thoughts racing.

"Oh! Hello there, darling. I see you're awake now?" Harry grins cheekily, looking up at Niall with mischievous bright green eyes. His hands squeeze at the flesh of Niall's hips, thumbs caressing the soft, creamy skin. Niall feels the cool metal of Harry's rings against his own warm self and it's a nice contrasting feeling. Nice to take in every detail and sensation when Harry makes contact with Niall.