Chapter 8

~•~ Chapter 8 ~•~

So I'm coming back for you...

Claire's POV

It was a real torture waiting for them to return safe and sound. Minutes passed and I stayed in my room. I had found two books in my dresser, two novels that I would never mind give a try and spend some time to read. But that moment, I needed to kill some time, and these books were my only way.

But the books didn't really help me get my mind off the boys and Kate. Worry and anticipation had grown too strong inside of me, it was almost impossible not to think about them for about two seconds. It was difficult, but there was nothing I could do than just wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait.

I kept reminding myself that these guys are pro, they know how to deal with these kind of situations and protect each other, but that did little to the anxiety in the pit of my stomach.
Then I started singing to myself, for myself. Nobody could hear me, I had my curtain closed the entire time, and I felt comfortable in my privacy. I started singing my own lyrics that popped out in my head in that very moment, or a song my mom used to sing to me for bed time.

It had been around 6pm when I decided to pull the curtain up. I saw a guard pacing back and forth the long hallway, which meant they still hadn't returned. Thirty minutes later and I finally saw people coming out of their bedrooms, meaning it was time.

I opened my door and stepped outside, almost causing someone to bump on my back. I followed down the hallway the rest of the people, going through the door that leads to the cafeteria. And that was when I saw Niall and Liam, talking, still holding their guns in their hands. They both seemed too into their conversation, too serious. It sent a wave of relief seeing them, but I was still uncertain about Kate's safety and status. You never know what's gonna happen right?

I walked towards them and they both turned to look at me when they heard me approaching. "You're back." I breathed. "Are you alright?" I asked, my eyes moving to scan their bodies for any kind of injuries.

"Hey, yes, we are fine." Liam assured, a frown still on his face that was probably caused by the conversation he and Niall had. "The rest of the others are at the infirmary, you know the way right?" he said.

I nodded. "Yes." I said and walked away. I remember the way since Liam had brought me to the infirmary to check up on my bones of my knee. There were a few boxes being carried from one place to the other by some unknown guys, but I didn't pay too much attention to them. All I cared about was the rest of the boys and of course, Kate.

I opened the door and stepped inside, my eyes immidiately landing on Harry, who was leaning against the wall on the left with his arms crossed over his chest. His green eyes met mine the moment the door opened, and they made my heart plummer with relief. He's alive. He's safe.

My eyes moved to Zayn, who was checking up on Louis' cheekbone and jawbone. Louis was sitting on the bed, having his head tilted to the side, a bored expression on his face. And then, my eyes fell on Kate, who was searching through a few pills with her back facing me.

"Thank God," I sighed, relief now washing through me completely.

Zayn glanced up at me momentarily and Louis cocked a brow. "Enjoying the show, Claire?" he joked, lightly chuckling.

Kate swung around at the mention of my name, blue eyes showing warmth. "Oh, there you are." she gave me a small smile.

"Are you all okay?" I asked, moving to stand closer to Kate.