Chapter 78

~•~ Chapter 78 ~•~

Claire’s POV

I woke up at the sudden loud noise that came fron outside, the floor vibrating and shaking as the couches moved towards the door. I gasped in shock and looked around to see all the boys panicking, their eyes filled with fear and worry.

“What the hell is going on?!” Thomas yelled over the loud noises, holding onto the desk as he tried to come towards me, brows furrowed deeply.

“Hold on!” Liam shouted, holding Zayn back from falling over the couch.

I tightly gripped at the arm of the couch, slightly bouncing when the couch hit the door, causing all my hair to fall in front of my face. I huffed and looked over to my side, to see Harry’s hand holding my arm as his green eyes scanned around, half of his face and ear covered in bandages. My heart tightened at the sight, but I pushed back my emotions and focused on the situation that was going on.

The floor stopped shaking, causing us all to sigh. Louis had somehow landed on the floor, his blue eyes wild. Niall was lying at the surface of the back of the couch, over Liam's legs. They were so awkward, it was kinda hilarious.

“I think the building is crashing down..” Zayn said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

“We can’t stay in here any longer.” Niall said, placing his feet on the floor and standing up.

“We have to-,“

“We can’t.” Harry cut me off, tightening his grip on my arm. I turned my head to look at him and he was looking at me dead in the eye.

“We have to.” I insisted lowly, slightly intimidated by his stare.

“No. We can’t fight them.” He said flatly.

“I say we should try.” Thomas said, clearing his throat.

Harry moved his glare to Thomas, causing him to look down awkwardly.  This is what Harry can do with just a simple stare. He can make you so scared that you won’t even have the guts to speak your opinion. But this isn’t right.

“Harry, just listen to us–,“

“I said no.” He cut me off yet again, causing me to purse my lips in frustration. “We are all barely alive.” He muttered, his eyes moving to Niall. “We are not risking it.” His voice was raspier, tired, thick.

Silence for a few seconds in the room as the boys shut their mouths and decided to follow Harry’s orders. But I? Hell, I am burning with the will to speak and make Harry understand that we have to try.

“I’m going.” I announced, determined.

Everyone immidiately looked at me, Harry’s eyes literally burning through my skull.

“I said no.” He growled.

“I don’t care what you say.” I snapped, keeping my voice low. “What kind of soldiers are we if we sit here and wait for our deaths?” I said, furrowing my brows.

“So you prefer to go out there and get eaten by them?” He said, frustrated.

“I prefer to fight for my life than stay here,” I said, pointing at my chest. “I have been fighting zombies all alone before I met you. I don’t need any of your help and I’m not going to force you to come. But you can’t force anyone to stay either.” I clarified, lowly. “If the lads want to stay then fine, but if they want to fight, you can’t keep them here.”