Chapter 68

~•~ Chapter 68 ~•~

The baby in my arms was constantly crying, making our ride even worse. My blood soaked clothes stuck to my skin and my legs were still shaking. You could see ahead the multiple buses, cars and people running away from our broken home. My heart was racing with worry and anxiety. What was going to happen now? Where were we going?

“Shh!” I shushed the baby, hugging her even tighter in my arms, trying to warm her up.

“Make the baby stop!” Louis groaned as he searched something through his packbag.

“I'm trying!” I hissed, sending him a glare.

“Liam take us to the front.” Harry instructed from beside me, his green eyes wild and full of thoughts.

“Roger.” Liam nodded and pressed hard on the gas, sending our large Jeep forward.

“Woo!” Zayn cheered, amusement clear across his face. He obviously finds something positive in every situation and right now, the speed was his reason to grin like a happy person at the passenger's seat.

I looked over my shoulder at the back seats to see Thomas and Niall looking behind us and thinking of how many guns they managed to get with them. My stomach was a massive rock, literally. Everything had fallen apart and we had to make everthing right.

“What are we going to do now?” I asked, looking at Harry next to me.

“I have a plan.” he answered, holding the sides of the front seats.

I gulped and hid my face in the baby's shoulder, shushing her until she finally calmed down. I wanted to shut down the harsh reality and give some peace to the young human being in my arms. I ignored the sounds, bombs, shouting and shotguns around me. When I looked up, I was shocked to see that all the buses and cars were entering the open parking lot at the back of a hotel. I frowned, hope rising inside of me.

Harry had been giving instructions all this time and the army groups had been opening the road by killing all the zombies that had noticed us. Even the helicopter was helping us to pass through by shooting down the zombies that tried to reach us.

 Even the helicopter was helping us to pass through by shooting down the zombies that tried to reach us

It was the first time after so long I saw so many people out in the city, but it was an absolute chaos.

Harry suddenly turned to me, green eyes worried. “I'll be back,” he said, ready to jump out of the car.

“What? No!” I argued immidiately, giving him a strange look.

“I promise I'll be back. I have to go.” he said, his pupils dilating. “Stay safe.” he said before kissing my forehead and jumping out of the car.

My heart fluttered but the anxiety I felt was indescribable. “What do we do?” I asked, looking at Zayn.

“We have to get everyone inside the hotel.” Zayn answered, picking up his gun.