The Vamp's Girl [08]

I knew someone else was in the room before I even opened my eyes and I knew who it was, I sighed even in a room where I locked the door Keilor was still able to get in. What was he? A theif?

I was still upset for what happened, he had some nerve to still follow me here. I finally opened my eyes, I was facing a gray wall, stuck to the wall was a simple silver chain, I stared at its simplicity and beauty.

“It was my sisters.” Keilor said and I finally turned to look at him, he sat in a chair on the other side of the room. More he slouched in the chair comfortably, his chin leaning comfortably on his palm which was on the chair.

“How did you find me here?” I asked quietly, sitting up in bed. The rest had made me feel so energised.

“I did not. You ran into my room.” He commented, I looked around, it was a small and simple room. A single bed pushed against the left corner, his room was plainly plain as if he didn't spend much of his time in here. I saw a few clothes sitting on a pile on a chair, but that was the only messy thing about his room. 

I refused to say anything more and just stared at my bracelet, toying with the chain. I heard Keilor sigh and come and sit at the edge of the bed. His weight making the bed shake slightly, I still refused to look at him.

“I’m sorry for overreacting before.” He mumbled, breaking the odd silence that had settled in and I stared at him, was he actually apologising to me? Mr. I am the King of cocky and jerk people? Remember this moment April, he just apologised to you!

“I hate you.” I grumbled, feeling childish. I looked up into his face, he wasn’t looking at me but staring at the other side of the room. He looked slightly taken back, he probably expected me to say it was all okay.

“I don’t care if you hate me but as long as you still talk to me.” He said, it was more a plea than a request and I tightened my eyebrows in question to it. His eyes suddenly turned sad and I hesitantly reached out to touch his cheek, I wasn’t sure why but it was the right thing to do. He let me place my hand against his cheek and I felt my tingles travel to his skin. He sighed in relief and he looked me in the eyes, I began to withdraw my hand but his hand covered mine and he held onto it tightly. “I’m going to protect you April.” He murmured, he let go of my hand and walked over to the cupboard and pulled out a midnight blue dress.

“It’s time to get ready for your official welcoming.” He said handing me the dress. I stared at it, it was a strapless dress, with a heart shaped top, it curved in my waist and silky material flowed to the floor, while the inside the material stopped just above my knees.

“Any chance of not wearing a dress?” I questioned and he only smirked at me, I rolled my eyes and groaned as I got off his bed and headed for the bathroom. I took a quick shower and put the dress on. It fit me perfectly, I blushed okay so I’ll admit it complemented my strange eyes and made me look well kind of like royalty.

I walked out and saw that Keilor had changed as well, he wore a strange looking royal uniform. It was a deep red with a black phoenix was stitched into it from the bottom, leading diagonally up, he had his strange blade tucked into his belt. He smiled at me, his eyes shining as he saw me.

“You need to get your hair and make up done as well.” He said opening the door, I followed him barefooted through the castle until we came to a room where I heard giggling inside. Oh hell no! I'm not going into a room with...

“Oh no…” I mumbled taking a step back, Keilor put a hand on my back and opened the door. He pushed me in and walked me inside as he closed the door behind him.

“OH KEILOR!” All the girls greeted in him sync. I stared at all their beautiful faces as I was forgotten and pushed away as they all rushed to get his attention. I sighed and I shrugged my shoulders and went to sit in an empty chair at the other end of the room. I looked at all the strange things on the table, none of them looked like normal make up.