Part 7: Vamps with Benefits

PART 7

Kayla's POV

(Recap: Danny screamed at Kayla's parents; Kayla told Danny she loved him)

"I love you, too." I said.

I had heard him screaming at Stephen and Monica. That was so sweet. I guess when he said he'd deal with them he really would deal with them. I tried to sit up. There was so much pain.

"Kayla, lay down. You broke two of your ribs. Resting would be the best thing for you." Danny said.

His voice was so soothing to me. I lay back down and looked up at him. He was leaning over the side of the hospital bed looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You said you loved me." He replied.

The smile on his face reminded me of when we were little. It was goofy and cute. He was still looking down at me, but the smile had changed to a questioning look.

"I know I did. I think I do love you..." I trailed off looking down.

It was quiet for a while. I said the wrong thing! Oh just calm down will you, just cause its quiet doesn't mean anything. Yes it does...I probably just ruined our friendship. Ugh, he loves you!! He told you that! I know...but that doesn't mean he... You know what it means, now stop talking to me! Myself. Whatever.

"Kayla," Danny said turning my face to look at his, "I've loved you longer than you can imagine. I want you to be mine and only mine. I love you so much..."

His hands were still on my cheeks. They were so cold to my already cold skin. I put my hands on top of his.

"I love you, too. But, I don't want anything to happen to our friendship. If I lost you I don't know what I would do..." I told him.

"You won't lose me. I promise. I'll make you mine forever." He said calmly looking straight at me.

There was so much tension I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. I was so busy thinking that I hadn't realized how close he was to me. His face was only an inch away from mine. I closed the space and kissed him.

Danny's POV

I was kissing Kayla again. It wasn't anything like the first time we kissed it was more intense, more...everything. I didn't want the kiss to end and it didn't have to. Kayla groaned. I pulled away slightly and started to kiss her neck.

"Danny..."she mumbled.

I smiled against her neck, "Yes babe?"

Her eyes where closed and she wrapped her arms around me. She must have been in a lot of pain because she keeps flinching.

"We can stop if you want to" I whispered in her ear.

"No...I don't want to stop..."She whispered back.

I started kissing her neck again. My teethe brushed against her skin and she tightened up and pulled slightly away. I looked up at her knowingly.

"I'm sorry. I went to far, I..." I started.

"Danny, its fine. There's no need to apologize. Just not right now...K?" She interrupted me.

"Whatever you want love." I said back to her still feeling guilty.

She smiled. I smiled back. The door opened and a nurse walked in.

"Visiting hours are over. You have to leave now." She said.

"Just give me a second to say goodbye." I told her.

She nodded her head and walked out.

"Kayla," I started and grabbed her hand, "Goodnight."

I kissed her forehead.

"I love you." I finished

"Night, Danny. Love you, too." She said.

I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay there with her but I couldn't. I let go of her hand and walked out of the door. I walked down the hall and was almost to the door when I heard a loud crash and shattering glass.

Come home or else! I heard the voice scream in my head.

"NO...KAYLA!!" I screamed.

I turned around and ran back to her room. When I got there it was empty. She was gone! The window was broken and there was shattered glass everywhere.

"NOOO!!" I screamed.

I fell to my knees...he was going to pay. And it wasn't going to be pretty.