Chapter-1

26th September 1996

The witches were hovering and protecting a beautiful pregnant lady who was due anytime that week.

One of them spoke"Elizabeth dear don't strain yourself. Please sit and let us do the work."

"I don't mind helping. I can't sit ideally when you all are working." She said smiling.

Elizabeth was a beautiful woman who sought the help of witches when she got pregnant. She ran away from her house. She belonged to one of the powerful witch families who wouldn't accept unlawful pregnancies. Somehow she didn't get the gene of practising witch craft. But the witches who helped her knew the legend of Bennet witches and had a vision of what her child's potential would be took Elizabeth under their wing.

"You've got to take it easy anyways honey." Maria said smiling.

"It's alrig....!!!! Ah....!!!! "She groaned touching her belly.

"Elizabeth...!! Elizabeth.. Are u alright dear??It's seems like her water broke we're going to have to deliver the baby.Move everyone quickly."

They placed Elizabeth on a wooden table."It's ok dear.It's all going to be fine.Here take my hand and try to focus on your breathing."Maria offered her hand and spoke soothing words.

"Ahh...!!!okay... ok...!!!" Elizabeth screamed of pain at her last push. and thus a beautiful baby girl was born.

"She looks so beautiful..!!"Gloria said.

"She's got your eyes dear.Hazel and beautiful.Here hold her."They placed the baby girl beside her mother.Tears rolled down her cheeks with happiness .But slowly she was losing consciousness. All that time she wondered how the baby shall look and now there she is her beautiful daughter.

"Amelia Rose Bennett."She said giving a final kiss to her beautiful baby girl.

"She's losing consciousness.There's a lot of bleeding."Lucy said.But she was already gone by the time they moved towards her.

"You gave your life for your child and for a greater cause Elizabeth .We won't let it go waste dear one.We promise you that we'll protect your child with our lives.Rest in peace dear one."maria promised her.They covered her in white cloth and put her body at rest.

Weeks passed by and the baby had got all the witches smitten around her little fingers.She was loved dearly by all and was protected fiercely from the rest of the world.There was a sudden knock one mid afternoon. Everyone's attention turned towards the door about who the unexpected guest was.They took Amelia upstairs and Sandra went to open the door.

"Elijah..!!What an unexpected surprise to see u here least of all when your not expected."She asked in a firm tone.

"You look quite beautiful today Miss Montegory .Can i come in?" He asked smiling.

"No.Sorry vampires are not welcomed.She was about to close the door when she heard Maria's voice.

"Sandra dear no need to be rude.I called him here.Please Elijah come on in."Maria said.Sandra clutched the door tight as if to slam it right in his face."Excuse me Miss Montegory ."Elijah said.

"Of course."She said and moved aside to let the guest in.

"So why did you call me here Maria?"Elijah asked after he was seated. "It's about your family I think your redemption is here."She had his complete attention now.He looked up at interest.And how are you planning to do that impossible task when... " he was interrupted by a baby's cry.he looked at maria's smiling eyes with interest."Is that a .." "A baby yes " Maria completed his sentence.

"Anna dear why don't you bring Amelia down."Maria asked looking upstairs.She brought the baby down and gave her to Maria.Maria held her in her arms carefully and took her to Elijah and gave the crying baby to him.The baby stopped crying and looked at him when he held out his little finger she held it.

"She's your god-daughter Elijah"Maria told him.He who was fascinated with the baby now looked at Maria with surprise.

"My god-daughter?"He asked.

"Yes her mother wanted you to be the child's god-father in case if something were to happen to her."She said.He looked at the child in his arms with much more interest now.Then he noticed her beautiful hazel eyes and knew exactly one person who he remembered  had such beautiful eyes.

"She's Elizabeth's daughter isn't she."He said and smiled and the baby girl.

"How do you...."Sandra started. "Yes she is".Maria told Elijah.

"I knew it because i fell in love with those beautiful eyes only once in my lifetime and this little one has the exact same eyes."He smiled and touched the baby's cheek."And  what did she mean by if anything were to happen to her?Where is she anyway?"He asked and looked around the room to find her.

"She died giving birth to Amelia."Maria said. "Oh!That's very unfortunate she was a lovely woman." He spoke sadly about his friend.

"You really are a pretty baby Amelia."He kissed the sleeping baby in his arms..

HEY READERS I HOPE YOU LIKE THE STORY....VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKE IT....THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.LOVE YOU ALL....