Part 11- One Shot Two Kills

He slips into his hide on the fourth floor of an abandoned office complex watching the Nachtjäger command center from the shadows. He sees men laughing and working starting their daily routine as they go about their normal business in preparation for Zurichs arrival. He gnaws on a stale piece of bread watching waiting every bit of his training saying kill them all, but his instinct saying hunt them from the shadows. He sees the convoy headed out to the airport getting to the rooftop he follows them jumping from roof to roof watching their progress. They come to the large facility his brothers once defended a broken church steeple to the east marking his grave. He lies prone watching the plane coming to a stop the doors dropping German and Russian officers getting off. He watches Zurich getting off and behind him a man wearing a Russian uniform snipers medals hanging across his chest a highly decorated Marksman. He watches intrigued with the man figuring hes here to hunt him. He smiles and pulls the trigger the Sniper and Zurichs aide dropping from a single shot. The terrified general jumps to cover only to catch a bullet in the brain the others scattering sirens ringing. He sees a scope glint and ducks a shot tearing a hole in the wall where his head was. He crawls to another window scoping in and sending the Russian to hell in a hand basket. The wall explodes and he targets another knocking the counter snipers out whispering the lords prayer under his breath. He slides the photo from his pocket looking at her picture and then a toy soldier from the pouch setting it in the window automatic weapons fire peppering the building. The smell of old concrete and cordite fills the air with a thick haze the wooden floor shudders with each foot fall as he grabs his bag and moves out. He gets to the roof rushing across the roofs sliding down a gutter and into an alley putting his Mosin in the duffel bag and acting like a normal passerby the Russian guard rushing right past him and some others. He double checks for a tail seeing no one following him he heads to his hideout slipping inside finding Lisa setting up equipment all kinds of radios and weapons lie around. He slips into his corner setting his bag down and looking at his meager belongings. The picture falls from his pocket and he picks it up staring at it a somber expression coming across his face as he thinks of her wishing she only knew. He is startled when Lisa touches his shoulder he looks in her eyes taking a moment studying the deep green of her eyes and the long brown hair hugging her soft face. She takes the picture "This your girl?" he says nothing trying to keep himself together "No she used to be" Lisa turns on her heels and looks at him "She left you?" he nods "Wanted a guy who could be around said she never wanted me anyway" she sighs and looks him over "And you really loved her" he runs his hand through his hair "Yeah but it doesnt matter now to her I'm just a lost body" she sets the picture down and walks away and he sits on his makeshift bed watching her work. She sets a radio next to her and looks at him "What was her name?" he stares at the picture "Andrea" she starts piecing together a satellite dish and sets it down getting up and sitting next to him. She looks at the picture "Look shes gone no use holding on she wasnt good enough. She missed out I dont know of many men who would do what your doing i dont know of anyone who would wage a one man war on Germany and Russia and Ive never seen anyone with such a will to do right and be honest." she sighs "Ive known you less than a day but i know just by your eyes i can trust you" he smiles a bit "Well thank you" is all he can muster the Marine in him composing the pain and returning his thoughts to the mission. He cleans his rifle and goes up to the rafters watching the city lit up against the waning noon sun. She comes up behind him standing quietly watching the lone Marine standing in contemplation as he looks over the city of a country hes set to save.