Part 82- Easy Day

He opens his eyes and yawns Ana laughing at him. He smiles and sits up stretching having fallen asleep looking around remembering hes home. She smiles at him and pulls his face toward her "Relax you have that look again" he takes a deep breath "Its not something I can easily shake Im used to waking up in a place where Im surrounded" he turns on the TV the twelve o'clock news on. He watches intently the war report coming on "Yesterday US Marines of the First Divison captured the city of Azrou pushing back the German Thirty Ninth Nachtjäger and the Fifth Panzer Divisions. We also are gathering reports of another appearance of the Darkhorse attacking a German airfield and eliminating targets within the only evidence is the picture shown here" he watches the picture change to him on the hill the fires glow lighting up his mask the Mosin on his hip. He smiles and Ana Sasha and Doug watch the TV Sasha smiling "Funny people can get pictures of him now" he just smiles "He was admiring his work I would have if I did that" Sasha just laughs Ana hugging him from behind "Im glad you didnt because now your here" he turns around and kisses her "Well still dearest its what id have done if he hadnt gotten my target." Ana sits in his lap and smiles "Boy someones jealous" he just chuckles Sasha face palming Doug fast asleep. He kisses her "But I have you and he doesnt so I think I win" Ana blushes and smiles "Oh stop" he smiles and kisses her neck "Nope" Sasha looks at her "And you make fun of Dougie and I" he smiles "Yes she does were not playing footsie" Sasha smiles and he sets Ana down standing up. He grabs his bag and sits back down opening it and pulling out a shirt handing it to Ana. She smiles and looks at the "My Guy is a Scout Sniper" shirt and on the back it says "Whats yours do?" she smiles and hugs him "Thank you" he nods "Im sorry its not much I didn't have anywhere to get something worthwhile." she smiles and touches his cheek "I love it because it's from you" he smiles a bit "Thanks sweetheart" he messes with the ring in his pocket and smiles at her. He stands up and looks around "Food" Sasha and Ana laugh Doug chuckling. He goes into the kitchen and pulls out some crackers eating them and looking around Ana walking over "Are you hungry?" he nods "Would you like me to cook for you?" she says smiling "You think Im gonna turn down a gorgeous girl cooking for me?" he hugs her tight and leans against her "But in all seriousness Ana I missed you" she holds on tight "Im so happy your here" he just holds her a moment and she kisses his cheek "Alright now let me cook for you" he smiles and cups her cheek with his hand "As you wish" he kisses her and walks back into the living room sitting on the couch being back in the US still very foreign to him. He goes and sits on the balcony sipping a glass of clean water the first hes had since he left. He hears a shuffling Doug walking out and sitting next to him the two watching the city. He says nothing Doug sipping his own water "So after this is back to the war for you" he nods "My Marines need me and Ill be there to lead them I wish I was now but I knew you needed me" Doug nods "Yeah not sure what Ill do now" he says nothing staring at the sky a moment "Before I leave you and I need to talk about some things" Doug nods and he gets up going inside Ana setting the table while Sasha sets out the sandwiches and chips. He gets Doug and they all sit down the men at the heads of the table and the women to the side. He looks at them "So whose saying grace?" Doug speaks up and says grace and they start eating. He eats a bit and stops watching around listening to the world outside. He feels a hand on his arm Ana looking at him "Eat Babe youve gotten so thin" he smiles "Im full dearest" he sees Doug on sandwich 5 Sasha laughing "You cant get him to eat and he wont stop" Doug smiles "What can I say you women are natural sandwich makers" he busts out laughing Sasha and Ana oblivious to Dougs sly remark. The women smile taking the compliment and he smirks and eats a chip. He looks at Ana admiring her beauty Sasha looking at him "Im glad you two are sitting her we were afraid we lost you both over that beach" he thinks back to the invasion the salt spray the blood on the sand the Marines hunkered behind beach barriers the Marines torn apart when the ramp dropped. He nods "Yeah" Sasha looks at him "It must have been very bad on the beach" he nods going quiet Doug saying nothing Ana staring at him. He looks at them "Id rather not talk about this" Sasha nods "Oh I apologies" he nods "Doug and I survived end of story no use dwelling" Ana places her hand on his "Hey its okay" he smiles half heartedly "No itll never be okay" he kisses her hand "But the fact youll never know why makes it worth it" she leans against him and he kisses her head. They spend the rest of the day talking eventually going to bed. He goes to put on his gym shorts and shirt looking at Ana in her short nightgown. She walks over and sits on the bed looking at him when he takes his shirt off. She pulls him on the bed wrapping her arms around him. He smiles and closes his eyes relaxing Ana running her fingers through his hair. He looks at her grabbing a pillow and lays back drifting off to sleep with her at his side.