Part 115- Tradition

They get back to town and walk around the lake for a bit all talking. They get near the pier and the basketball courts a few men standing at the edge of the court. He puts himself between them and the men watching out of his peripherals. He sees one recognizing him as the man whose ass hes kicked twice now and his thugs. He keeps walking praying there's no trouble and they get by quietly. They continue on to the house Ana and his sisters talking while he sits with Jarrod. They sit watching the blue sky above and his brother looks at him "Alex what exactly do you do" he looks at Jarrod "Its classified Jarrod i cant say" he looks at him "Comon man all I know is your a Scout Sniper and your wearing a unit patch Ive never seen" he sighs "Jarrod really I cant" Jarrod nods "I understand I guess" he looks at Jarrod "I tell you what you become the best you can in the army and make the special forces cut and Ill tell you not only what I do but who I am" he holds out his hand "Deal" Jarrod nods and smiles a bit shaking his hand "Deal" he gets up and goes inside getting Ana the two headed for the hotel knowing Doug and Sasha will be back today. She goes and starts on dinner and he steps out for a minute heading into their bedroom while she cooks. He can smell the chicken and yellow rice cooking and a few minutes later Ana laughs when he comes out in his dress blues. She walks over and puts her hands on his chest "You always look so handsome in your dress blues" he smirks "Dress blues dropping panties since 1775" she laughs and he kisses her. She goes back to cooking and he takes the Russian sword polishing it and buffing it. She looks at him "Why are you all dressed up babe?" he looks at her "In early human history a mans surrender was his sword it was also his gift and when another man gifted you his sword it was the highest honor and people would dress in their very best and have large ceremonies for a sword passing. For example when Robert E. Lee surrendered he put on his best uniform and presented his sword to Grant. Im giving Doug this sword so as is customary Im putting on my best uniform and doing it in the most respectful way possible" she laughs "Your probably one of the deadliest men in history and here you are giving me a history lesson" he finishes with the sword the blade Like a mirror sliding it into its ornate sheathe adorned with a woven falcon design. He walks into the kitchen Ana having changed into her civilian clothes. She looks at him "It's weird wearing these now" he smiles "Tell me about it." they hear a knock on the door and Ana gets it Doug and Sasha coming in with their bags both half burned half tanned. He walks over and Sasha hugs him Doug shaking his hand. They both look at him and Sasha asks "why the uniform?" he sighs and walks out getting the sword holding it out in his palms Doug taking it and looking at it. The two men shaking hands "Its a matter of tradition Sasha when a gentleman presents a sword he does so in his best uniform" Sasha shrugs "Whatever" Doug looks the blade over "Its rather ornate" he nods "Its very old not as old as mine but still old you should put that on a mantle somewhere" Doug touches the blade "Man its sharp" he chuckles "You think I would give you a dull blade brother?" Doug shrugs and chuckles the two men sitting at the table. He gets up and changes back into his regular clothes sitting down with the women and Doug Ana plating the food. They all take their seats and bow their heads Doug looking at him "Mind doing the honors" he nods "Heavenly father we thank you for this food and this day as well as time with friends we ask that you protect the newlyweds and to guide and protect our boys in the fields far from home we ask that you bless this food to our bodies and help us fulfill your will in Jesus name we pray amen" they start digging in. He eats some getting full quick Ana looking at him "You want more" he shakes his head "No thank you lovely" she smiles and takes another bite of her food. They finish dinner and get everything cleaned up all of them going to sit in the livingroom turning on the TV. Their watching an old John Wayne movie when the news comes on a breaking news alert flashing reading "Britain invaded US British and French forces in full retreat after EMP strike and landing" he sits forward seeing London burning bodies littering the streets Soldiers and Marines fighting in fox holes. The report goes on to casualty reports showing that thousands of US troops have been killed the Germans advancing rapidly inland with Russian troops invading on the eastern coast. They all sit shocked at the turn of events the next headline showing "German Sniper known as "The Reaper" assassinates US Generals leaving Deaths Head emblem as only evidence. The news woman keeps talking ending with "Could this be retaliation for the Darkhorse or a challenge only time will tell if Americas Sniper will be up to the challenge the Darkhorse credited with the assassinations of Russia and Germanys military brass as well as the late Vladamir Putin" he gets up grabbing his Mosin sitting at the table starting to clean it the rash turn of events meaning hes headed back behind enemy lines.