Chapter 2

"Aunt Elizabeth?" I ask.

She looks up at me with tear-stained eyes, "I'm so so sorry, Elliot."

"Aunt Elizabeth what's going on?" I ask worriedly.

"Elliot," she sighs, "as you may know, you are quite different from the others in our village."

I snort and she glares at me before continuing, "Your mother was as well. Elliot, do you remember what she told you before she died?"

"She said to always be strong and courageous. To never let my feelings get the best of me and be careful who I trust. For the world can be a cruel place," I recite. "Know that you are different and that will be a great help to our world."

*FLASHBACK: 10 YEARS AGO*
"Mother, don't go," I cried as my mother lay on her deathbed.

"Oh my sweet little Elliot," she answered.

"Mother, please," I whispered.

"Elliot," she had said, "remember to always be strong and courageous. To never let your feelings get the best of you and be careful who you trust. For the world can be a cruel place. Know that you are different and that will be a great help to our world."

"What do you mean?" I asked her.

She only smiled in response.

*END FLASHBACK*

"Aunt Elizabeth, what does that mean? And why are you sorry?" I ask.

Aunt Elizabeth smiles, "It's a long story, Elliot, and we must be going. I will tell you while we walk."

I stand and we start to walk.

"Elliot, have you heard the story of the Water Village burning?"

"Many times, Aunt Elizabeth. Why do you ask?" I inquire.

"Well," she begins, "it is true. Many years ago, your mother was a young woman. Her name was Winter. Winter's mother, your grandmother, was queen of the Waterlords. Winter was to be the new queen. At her coronation, your mother's sister, Queen Willyn, came, put a curse on your mother and took over as queen. Winter and your grandmother went into hiding. They consulted all the strongest magicians, but they could not find a way to reverse the curse. One day, they met a fortune teller. The fortune teller predicted that Winter's first daughter would save the world or destroy it. Winter moved to the East Earth Village, gave birth to you, and then died because of the curse."

"Woah," I breathed once she was finished. "That-that's crazy! That can't be right!"

"Elliot," Aunt Elizabeth answered, "I swear on the Ancient King of Kimwaë that all I say is true."

She swore on the Ancient King! That means she absolutely can not be lying! You can not swear on him unless it is true! The Ancient King will not allow it!

I am silent for a couple moments before asking, "What does all of this mean for me?"

"It means, dear Elliot, that you must travel to the North Water Village and defeat Queen Willyn herself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys!

So in Kinwaë, it is impossible to swear on the Ancient King and lie. It is not possible no matter  what. So that's how Elliot knows for sure her Aunt Elizabeth is telling the truth.

Also, I will update on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. This is when my bestie, hardcorewriter02 , updates her story, What Makes You Beautiful. Go read it please!

Thanks, guys!