Chapter 15

I faintly hear the sound of crying.

My eyes open. At first, it's blurry. Though I can't see anything, I can hear someone softly praying to God. I blink once and my vision clears.

In front of me, Weston is sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. He is slouched over and his frame is shaking. Weston's dark hair is sticking up and is ruffled  like he hasn't slept in days.

"W-Weston?" I croak.

His head snaps up. There are tear stains on his cheeks and a single tear rolling down his face. When he sees me, he smiles and his entire face lights up.

"Elliot?" he asks.

"Weston," I start, "what happened?"

"You don't remember?" he asks, his smile disappearing.

I shake my head, "N-no."

He frowns and opens his mouth to speak, but I interrupt him, "Don't tell me. I feel like I should know."

I force my brain to think and go from what I know has happened over the last week or so from Ethan telling me. I begin to say what I remember out loud, hoping that it helps me remember better.

"I was going to be married. I got mad. I ran to the woods. My village was attacked. Aunt Elizabeth and I ran. We were thrown in jail. Ethan and I escaped. Aunt Elizabeth did not. I was attacked by Firedrake. Ethan saved me. Before he saved me, Firedrake poisoned me. I passed out. I lost my memory. Ethan and I were robbed. You saved us. We came to Samantha. She was to help. She couldn't. She felt bad. We left. You and I went on a walk. Ethan screamed. We ran back. He was gone. It was Finnick. My head hurt. I passed out. I had a dream. It was in my village. I woke up. You are here. That's all I know," I finish slowly.

"You don't know anything else?" Weston asks.

I shake my head. Then, there is this feeling in the back of my head. It feels like a memory. It feels important. I want to reach back into my head and pull it out. This memory feels like a very valuable piece of information I must know.

"I-I," I stammer.

"You what?" Weston asks eagerly.

"I feel like there is something more I should know," I whisper.

Weston open his mouth and closes it again. It seems as though he is debating whether or not he should tell me something. He decides against it.

As much as I want to ask him, I decide not to. I'm just not sure I really want to know. Weston and I sit in silence. I decide to take this moment to look around.

There is a table in the middle of the room with food. A fire place is up against the wall next to me. I look up and there is a window above me. Across the room, is a door. This place seems very familiar. When I realize where I am, it takes all my willpower not to strangle Weston.

"You brought me to Samantha's?" I whisper exclaim, not knowing where she is.

"Where else could I take you?" he answers loudly.

"Shh!" I shush him.

"It's fine, Elliot," he says, annoyed. "She isn't even here."

"I don't care!" I exclaim. "She could come in at any moment!"

"Why don't you like her, Elliot?" he asks.

"I didn't say that!" I insist. "Why don't you like her?"

"I didn't say that!" he answers.

"But you didn't deny it," I point out.

"She's a good person," he attempts to assure me.

"Is she, Ethan?" I ask. "Is she really?"

"She-" he is interrupted by someone entering the cottage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys!

Sorry it's been so long. But I felt I had to update because three of my friends (hardcorewriter02, HMeye2, and BeaBeaBlonde) all updated. Go check out there stories!

Thanks, guys!