Chapter 21

"Finnick," I reply.

"Hello," he answers. "Now, I don't believe I got your name, yet, somehow, you have mine?"

I try to answer as intimidatingly as possible, "Elliot."

"Interesting," is his only reply.

Nobody speaks for a good five minutes. All Finnick does is stare at me. Half afraid of angering him, I say nothing. Shane doesn't say anything either so I hope he is following my lead.

"So," Finnick finally says, "I believe you've been looking for me."

"Why would you assume that?" I ask innocently.

"I believe we have something you want," is his reply.

I knit my eyebrows. "You do?"

"We do," he answers with little annoyance.

"What is it?" I ask.

"A friend," he smiles wickedly.

"I don't have any friends," I answer.

"Oh contraire, Princess," he says.

I stumble back and put my hand to my head. Princess, Princess, Princess. It is happening again. The feeling that I'm forgetting something.

Shane catches me when I stumble.

"Elliot, are you ok?" he asks.

"I-I'm fine," I answer, standing back up.

Finnick takes one look at me and turns around. "Take them away."

His henchmen begin to close in on us. Shane pulls his sword out of his belt. I take out mine, as well. Even though, I have no idea how to use it. Shane begins to wield his sword expertly. In a matter of seconds, he knocks Frederick into a tree. He loses consciousness. Then, he goes after Frank. Shane gets Frank on the ground and hits him with the hilt of his sword. Frank loses consciousness as well.

"You truly are wonderful, Shane," Finnick says.

"You know that's not even half of what I can do, Finnick," Shane sneers.

"Oh, I know," he answers.

Finnick whips out his sword and attempts to hit Shane. Shane easily blocks it. They go back and forth for a while. I watch them. They are truly amazing. Almost evenly matched. Shane looks slightly more skilled, though. Shane knocks the sword out of Finnick's hand and points the sword at his neck.

They stand there like that for a while. Then, Shane drops his sword. "Go."

Finnick laughs. "I always knew you were weak, Prince Shane."

Finnick runs away after that. Shane and I just stand there. I gawk at him.

"Prince Shane?" I ask.

Shane drops his head. "It's a long story."

"We have time," I snort.

"So," Shane sighs. "I am Prince Shane of the Skylord Kingdoms."

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Then why did Sam introduce himself as prince?"

"As you can tell," he starts, "I'm very shy. I'm really into books, studying, and traveling. My family didn't like that I'm not really the face that people would want as their future king. My parents hired Sam to pretend that he was prince. I became a servant boy. After that, my parents didn't acknowledge me, the kingdoms don't know I exist, and I will be unloved and forgotten forever."

"Shane," I whisper.

"It's ok, Elliot," he answer softly. "You don't have to worry about me."

We stare at each other for a moment. I close my eyes and lean in until our lips softly touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys!

Who's super mad at me? I'm guessing most of you. Is it because you don't want them together? If not, who do you want together. I'm secretly hoping none of you say Sam and Elliot. ☺️

Thanks, guys!