Chapter 25

I pull away and open my eyes. He does the same. Like last time, I stand up and walk away a little. Unlike last time, he does the same.

"I already told you," I say softly. "I have to find Ethan."

"I know you did, Elliot," he replies. "I just can't help the way I feel about you, though."

My eyes go anywhere but him. I want to tell him that I feel the same. That I don't really mind that he kissed me. That I actually enjoyed it. But I can't. What I said was right. I have to find Ethan. I owe him my life. He helped me out of jail, he stole to keep me alive, he dealt with me when I couldn't remember anything, stayed with me when Weston came along, and, most importantly, he's the best friend I've ever had.

"Do you feel the same?" Shane asks me.

"I-I," I stutter.

He looks at me waiting for an answer. I don't know what to say, so I stand there hoping he'll drop the conversation. Unfortunately, after several antagonizing minutes, he doesn't.

"Well?" he asks.

"I don't know, Shane," I reply. "I can't focus on anything because I need to find Ethan. You have no idea how many times he's helped me. If I didn't have you, Sam, or Weston, I would've died by now because he's gone."

"And if you would've died, you would've never met me," is his reply.

"Shane!" I exclaim.

"Ok, ok, I'm sorry," he says. "It's true, though."

I groan in frustration. "Do you not see what is happening here? Every time I say something you turn it around toward you."

He takes a step closer to me. "I know."

"It's frustrating!" I say.

"I know," he responds again.

"Then stop," I whine.

"But if I wasn't frustrating, then I wouldn't get a chance to make it up to you and do this," he says.

In seconds, his lips are on mine. At first, I want to pull away, but I can't. I can't bring myself to do it. Instead, I kiss him back. The kiss might've gone longer if I hadn't heard someone yell to me.

"Elliot!"

I break away from Shane and turn toward the person. When I see who it is, I have to close my eyes and check again. The person walks toward me. I can't say anything because I'm so surprised.

"Hey," Weston says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys!

So, I've noticed that they seem to kiss a lot. I do that when I'm having writer's block. That's lame, I know. Anyway, the chapters will get better I promise.

Thanks, guys!