Chapter 3

Chapter 3

            "I need to see Dr. Todd," I told his secretary, "it's an emergency."

            What did I do?  I can't believe I just did that!   I had just kissed my new English teacher.  After I rushed out of the school parking lot I went home but never left the car.  Why did I do that?  When I couldn't make myself go in the house, I drove to the place where it would be safe: my therapist's office.

            "Lucy, is everything ok?" Dr. Todd asked me when he came out to the waiting room five minutes later. 

            "No no no it's not."

            "Well, come back to my office and let's talk."

            I followed him back, very nervous.  How would he react when I told him?  Can I even make myself tell him?  So many questions that need to be answered and fast.

            "Alright Lucy, tell me what's wrong," Dr. Todd told me.

            "I did something bad, really really bad."

            "Lucy did you break someone's nose again?  You really need to contain your anger."

            "No nothing like that."  I hadn't broke anyone's nose since the eighth grade when Isabel Whatever tried to smash my locker shut.  "I...I... I kissed...."

            "You can tell me whatever it is Lucy, no judgment here."

            "I kissed my English teacher Mr. Hobins," I told him very fast.

            "Oh Lucy,"  Dr. Todd started, "why'd you do that?"

            "I honestly don't know.  One second I was yelling at him and the next thing I know is his lips with mine."

            "Did he kiss you back?"

            "I'm not sure.  He might have but I don't know.  I surprised him and myself for that matter.  What do I do now?"

            Dr. Todd thought about it for a couple minutes.  "Lucy, you have two options.  You could ignore it and pretend it never happened or you can talk to Mr. Hobins about it.  Knowing you though, I think I know what you'll choose."

            It's true, Dr. Todd did know me and he was probably right, he did know which one I picked.  He only said it just a minute ago and I knew I'd pick that as soon as he said it.

            "But what if he tries to bring it up? What do I do then?  I really can't believe I did this."

            "Lucy, you have to relax, you did this and it can't be changed.  You know that it will be brought up again, there's no question about that.  The question is: how will this end?"

            He was right, Mr. Hobins would bring it up again.  And more than likely, tomorrow as soon as I get to school.  Why did I let myself do that?  There's no way I'm getting out of this one.

            "Your right, of course.  You're always right."

            "I know.  Feel better?"

            "Not really, but I'll make it."

            I left Dr. Todd's office feeling a little better since I talked to a trusted person.  When I got in my car I decided that I needed to go get some McDonald's.