Chapter 13

Chapter 13

            I'm now in my third month of being pregnant.  I still haven't told Jason, or talked to him for that matter.  He's probably moved on by now and that's good.  I don't want to ruin that for him.  I have met with a few families to adopt the baby but only one seems to be right.  Crystal and Mark.  They only have one child and she's 5.  They have a nice beautiful house near the beach and their daughter, Harmony, is in preschool.  Crystal can't have any more children since the doctors removed her ovaries to stop the ovarian cancer she had.  They seem like nice people and I've had dinner with them a few times and I am almost positive they are the ones that I want to raise my kid.  I've decided on an open adoption so I will still get to see pictures of him or her every year and see them on holidays and birthdays. 

            My mother is distant from me and my dad tries to make up for that by taking me to the movies and the race track to watch the races and we do other things together but it's not the same as with my mom.  But he tries.

            I'm being homeschooled since my mother thinks that I am an embarrassment to our family.  My dad isn't ashamed to be in public with me.  I'm not exactly proud of what I did but I'm living with it.  Mom just needs to get over herself.